Can't find engine kit for my trek

GoldenMotor.com

limelite

Aug 12, 2012
Pennsylvania
Hello,
I purchased a lime lite bontrager about a year ago. It is a wonderfully riding bike but I wanted to throw on a gas powered engine on it. Problem is, I can't for the life of my find the right engine kit for it. I understand that this is the place to go, as it seems the people here really know what they're talking about. Any help would be appreciated. :)

photo is below

Attachments

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
Ok, I thought building a girls gasbike to sell if I had a female buyer . My plan was this, install a standard style kit but put rack on the back and buy a under the rack gas tank. BIKEBERRY sell one for around $25.00 and I beive the rack is part of the tank kit. I think its got the gas cap , all the mounting hardware and the pet cock valve. Or do rear a mount motor, but you won't be able soup it up later down the road. Good luck.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Hello limelite welcome to the forum glad you joined us.

From reading your post to me it sounds like you are looking for a kit that will just bolt on. There are so many different bikes your not going to find a kit that is a direct bolt on. Some kits are easier then others but most (not all) require some fabricating to work.

From the looks of the bike a rear or front mount motor would be the easiest in my opinion. Then you must decide if you want a four-stroke or two stroke and the size of your engine. And also make a decision if you want friction or chain drive.