oi_damo

Jul 12, 2020
I got pulled over and threatend with a 1k fine,

No license,
No registration,
No motorcycle helmet,
No insurance.

All totalling to $1021

How can a vehicle that does not have a way to insure, or register it, be able to fine you for not having them? Also, if it's not a motorcycle, why would I be fined for not having a motorcycle helmet?

Since I was young, he let me off with a warning telling me to pedal it back home, but that makes no sense to me. The fucker saw me earlier and didn't pull me over a few days ago, and today he pulls me over and hands me a sheet of paper that has the ICBC regulations that does not involve or state anything to do with a motorized bicycle, and then on the other side it was some information that looked from a word document that I was unable to find anywhere on ICBC's website and could not find on the motor vehicles act.

Could someone find out where he could have got this information from? Also what I can do in the future to not get pulled over for not disturbing anyone?

The worst part of all is that I was in a residential area and doing the speed limit, and was very quiet, not throttling it much at all.

Brianr1074

Jul 12, 2020
bad day for you.... here in the USA different states have different rules, under 49cc is ok, but over that its considered a moped/motorcycle and needs to be papered. to be papered you have to have an EPA approval. its a big nightmare.
but different states different rules.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
A bicycle with a motor on it is illegal in Canada. Electric bikes only and a judge here in B.C. just ruled that you have to be pedalling it while using it. Not the way I.C.B.C. describes it on their website but the judge's ruling has set all that aside.

Chances are he mentioned it at his station and someone told him what the law was or he checked up to see what the law was. Either way your toast.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
But not a motorcycle helmet which your bike is considered to be with a gas motor on it, not a Limited Speed Vehicle, which can only go 32km or 20 mph. You're lucky that you weren't one of the guys caught in Victoria years ago.

They had to pay $5,000 in fines.

Steve.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

Davideo

Feb 25, 2020
I got pulled over and threatend with a 1k fine,

No license,
No registration,
No motorcycle helmet,
No insurance.

All totalling to $1021

How can a vehicle that does not have a way to insure, or register it, be able to fine you for not having them? Also, if it's not a motorcycle, why would I be fined for not having a motorcycle helmet?

Since I was young, he let me off with a warning telling me to pedal it back home, but that makes no sense to me. The fucker saw me earlier and didn't pull me over a few days ago, and today he pulls me over and hands me a sheet of paper that has the ICBC regulations that does not involve or state anything to do with a motorized bicycle, and then on the other side it was some information that looked from a word document that I was unable to find anywhere on ICBC's website and could not find on the motor vehicles act.

Could someone find out where he could have got this information from? Also what I can do in the future to not get pulled over for not disturbing anyone?

The worst part of all is that I was in a residential area and doing the speed limit, and was very quiet, not throttling it much at all.
That's a bummer Oli. Never stop pedaling when you see a cop and for extra protection install an electric 500 watt front hub motor. If you really want to fly put another one on the back wheel and baffle the **** out of them.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
That's a bummer Oli. Never stop pedaling when you see a cop and for extra protection install an electric 500 watt front hub motor. If you really want to fly put another one on the back wheel and baffle the **** out of them.

Doesn't work in Canada. No gas engines on a bicycle period except on private property. If you're license is suspended and your caught on a gas powered bike here it gets really ugly and expensive in a hurry.

A DWI/DUI in Canada is a federal offence like robbing a bank.

Steve.

lewdog7431

Feb 13, 2019
Doesn't work in Canada. No gas engines on a bicycle period except on private property. If you're license is suspended and your caught on a gas powered bike here it gets really ugly and expensive in a hurry.

A DWI/DUI in Canada is a federal offence like robbing a bank.

Steve.
Dam that's ugly bro not much anybody can do the law is the law , we're lucky we get away with what we do, pay the fines or fight it in court .....one way or another they're gonna want money good luck man