Cabin Fever

GoldenMotor.com

Don M

Nov 11, 2018
I started on this bike back in November with an Onyx 29 inch and 79cc beast bikeberry gasbike kit, used some of the kit and tossed some of it. Here are some pics of the bike up to this point, I have been in no hurry to finish it being able to work on it in the house is a big plus.

The start

And that is where the bike is at this point, I have a little more detailed post over at Motored Bike, the bike seems pretty rat rod so I figured I would post a few picks over here of progress, come on spring, I'm running out of doodads to attach to my bike. I'm going to build one for the wife when I'm done, she wants a boring Golden Eagle and no Doodads, women.

Last edited:

Don M

Nov 11, 2018
I managed to get my head light installed, it is an old 1930s Star Lantern RR Signal light I covered the brackets in leather.

The exposed bulbs is how these lights are built.

I have the drive and pedal chains installed now and made a small heat shield for the exhaust it also covers the exhaust joint where it gets a little busy.

After installing the pedal drive chain, I had enough movement in the clutch plate to to get the slack out of the engine drive chain, there is plenty of clearance between tires and chain without the chain tensioner, so at this point I do not think I will need one.

I'm working on a stirrup kick starter, can't be starting the Haw'g like a weed eater, and at this point why not, lol.

I also used a couple of old Johnson Gasolene advertisement roundels on the engine case and used one as a head badge. I'm not sure about the stirrup yet but I figure a snap of the ankle should fire it right up. I have a laid back seat post to add next.