Brand new Niome 100cc engine kit won’t start HELP ME

GoldenMotor.com

theguy2024

Sep 25, 2022
I’ve read almost everything I can and still don’t get what it could be.

Basically I put the whole kit together on my cruiser and it wouldn’t spark so I checked the cdi and magneto for continuity, magneto read 318 so good there but CDI seemed weird it wasn’t showing anything then it was etc. Got new CDI, installed, still nothing. Cut the butt connectors and twisted the copper wires together and it I got spark but it was running horribly and there was a lot of smoke coming from engine head or maybe exhaust manifold. Took my flexible aftermarket exhaust off and put the stock one back on to see if my aftermarket was leaking but with the stock one it wouldn’t even spark at all now. So frustrating. Maybe the new spark plug is faulty? any ideas?

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Welcome to the forum, you probably fouled the spark plug. The B6HS NGK is what is used most, gap it between 26-30 and you’re good to go. Wire it blue to blue with one kill switch wire, black to black with the other kill switch wire.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
If you have a two piece cylinder and head you may need to torque the head nuts, 12 ft pounds is recommended. The head will warp easy so use a torque wrench in a X pattern.

Last edited: