Brand new engine won't start =(

GoldenMotor.com

bugpilot

Sep 15, 2013
Indiana
I have but to no avail. , is there a port in the inlet side of the piston? I was looking through the intake port and did not see one. Is it possible the piston is in backwards?

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
no ports in the piston - theres an arrow etched into the top on the side nearest the carb that should point to the exhaust

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
are you turning the engine fast enough? have you tried different choke settings?

plug should not be dry after a lot of trying

with two kits, maybe you should try the other engine

Will122391

May 31, 2013
Texas
Always do a plug test to check for spark. I've thought my engine was screwed so many times, but it turned out to be electrical things unplugging. Try different choke settings, my bike won't even start with full choke. Check for airleaks on the intake exhaust ports, and where the carb attaches to the manifold. Those are the most common problems. Try this link for info http://www.grubeeinc.com/USA/2 cycle engine trouble shooting guide.html

bugpilot

Sep 15, 2013
Indiana
Thanks for the link, I've decided to take every ting down to the block and do a piece by piece inspection. Evidently there is something I cant' find by conventional diagnostics. By all rights and reason this thing should run, I appreciate all of the help and tips I have received in the last couple of days. Off to the shop for some more fun, when I find the problem I'll post it and we can add it to the list with all the others. Again, thanks for the help..shft.

bugpilot

Sep 15, 2013
Indiana
After I performed an autopsy on my still born motor I discovered 3 major problems. First problem {OCC Chopper kit} the exhaust pipe was full of metal shavings, enough to plug the tail pipe outlet . Second problem was a leak between the cylinder and crankcase that was caused by a washer on the cylinder stud between the case and cylinder base gasket which resulted in a massive intake leak, thus no fuel to combustion chamber. Third problem was a broken piston ring resulting in a slightly scored cylinder. hopefully after repairs are performed the engine will run. I hope this info helps someone having similar problems, don't give up there is a solution!!Thanks for all of your help and suggestions, they all pointed me in the right direction.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
After I performed an autopsy on my still born motor I discovered 3 major problems. First problem {OCC Chopper kit} the exhaust pipe was full of metal shavings, enough to plug the tail pipe outlet . Second problem was a leak between the cylinder and crankcase that was caused by a washer on the cylinder stud between the case and cylinder base gasket which resulted in a massive intake leak, thus no fuel to combustion chamber. Third problem was a broken piston ring resulting in a slightly scored cylinder. hopefully after repairs are performed the engine will run. I hope this info helps someone having similar problems, don't give up there is a solution!!Thanks for all of your help and suggestions, they all pointed me in the right direction.
Best wishes for getting your engine up and running like a champ...

Map
reddd

Dmartin0089

Mar 15, 2021
Wow guys i am having the same problem. Brand new bike will not work... I have changed all the electric components twice.. The plug was obviously left out of carb bc gas flows right through.. Spark plug is dry.. It'll roll over but as soon as I pull the clutch in there it goes back to sleep. This thing is the worst purchase in a long time as I am also mechanically inclined and can't do a damn thing with this p.o.s. Ive read all the replies so Im not sure what anyone else could offer me for help. But if you can think of something please help guide me through this frustrating gift.. For it is my bday gift. I feel sorry for my girl bc she sees me struggling cussing at the thing saying how bad I hate it. Im sure that makes her feel great. So yeah please help if possible.