Brand new 80cc motorized bicycle wont start !

GoldenMotor.com

Parker

Feb 1, 2019
Ok guys. I got it all figured out. You ready to hear what the damn problem was ? Lmfao

Parker

Feb 1, 2019
Hey Parker! and welcome to the forum. Yes It's been damn cold here in Maine. Single digits here in Bangor for the past 2 weeks. It has warmed up today due to freezing rain. Hoping for a couple days of relief. I put my bikes away in November then forget about them til April or so. I have friends that ride year round but they are far more tolerant / brave than I. It amazes me that any internal combustion engine will start and run at these temps. My guess is the fuel/oil mix may be too rich and the cold doesn't help.
Also be sure your fuel tank is venting properly. Good Luck and hang in there!
The spark plug I bought wasn't gapped correctly ! That was it

Last edited by a moderator:

Parker

Feb 1, 2019
Parker, profanity is not needed or used on this forum, good to hear you got it running tho, Greg
Oh jeesh. Sorry my bad I thought we were all adults here... didn't even know the "D word" was profanity lol

cgreen

Jun 14, 2019
I need some suggestions on my brand new build. Had it going perfect, but now it won’t stay running. Already replaced spark plug, the carb looks perfect, clutch engages fine.

Are there any tricks to these I don’t know about?

ZekeNoScooter

Jun 18, 2019
I need some suggestions on my brand new build. Had it going perfect, but now it won’t stay running. Already replaced spark plug, the carb looks perfect, clutch engages fine.

Are there any tricks to these I don’t know about?
I had similar problems. One of mine was the float in the carb. Out of the box the damn thing would fill up with gas and sink. Eventually realized I was flooding. On the NT/Speed carbs there is a little weeping hole on the face inside the air cleaner. This will trickle out for when the bowl over fills. Like you, not familiar with these engines yet. Took me a month of Sundays to diagnose.
BTW, the repair? $5 for the float and $9 SHIPPING!!! To heck with that! Amazon. Upgrade to Dellorto style carb. $17. Free shipping. Everybody get Prime. Worth every penny.