Brakes

GoldenMotor.com

RichP

Jul 30, 2016
Plymouth
Hello, i'm aiming at a bike/motorised bike build. I'm currently looking for parts, specifically, what is my best option for a fork that will accept dual front brakes please? As in one disc brake on the left prong of the fork and the other on the right. Obviously this needs a dual mount (1 each side) Also i'm in the u.k please, please can somebody point me in the right direction. Thanks

Jan 21, 2015
Portland, Oregon
IMO you don't really need dual front disc brakes. I run a single front disc brake, 200mm rotor, and it gives me enough stopping power that I have had to use the rear caliper brake exactly once, when a puppy ran into the road in front of me. And this is on a bike that can hit 40 mph. Unless you are doing it for looks or aren't running any type of rear brake at all, I would generally say it isn't really necessary. But if you do want to do it, I have seen some adapters that you can put on single disc front forks that will allow mounting of a second one.

RichP

Jul 30, 2016
Plymouth
Hi, can anybody tell me where I can get a disc brake hub adaptor that will fit a sprocket with more than 30 teeth please?