boost bottles

GoldenMotor.com

lewdog7431

Feb 13, 2019
You know bro I've tried and tried and the boost bottle has done nonething but make my engine run shitty im running the gt6hp engine bit no reed valve with the 21mm pwk hp carb hi comp head and it seems to collect fuel in the little cylinder and it floods my engine ,tried different angels up down left rite and to no avail they suck and the pos carb they send with itIT ANT COOL well thats my expierience

kelly dean

Oct 3, 2019
kentucky
i havent tried one its a thing that ive seen its not somethng i expect to work lol and if you have a CNS carb a guy told me how to fix it

kelly dean

Oct 3, 2019
kentucky
a guy told me the best way to fix it is put in a vise then get your most destructive capable tools then smash bash it twist and burn it then get another kind of carb LOL

Reactions: lewdog7431

Taffy13

Sep 23, 2019
Boost bottles are interesting, probably wont make any real difference but will make tuning harder. But make your engine more efficient.
They work on the pressure waves of your intake, basically when the cylinder closes all the pressure of the air coming in gets rebounded and shoots back out the carb. A boost bottle gives that pressure wave a second area to rebound in. However there are other factors in play. Like keeping the fuel in suspenion, the angle at which the line connecting the tube that intersects the intake is at, and also the tune of the carb.
Most people will find that by adding a boost bottle they need to lean out there engine because the fuel that is being stored in the bottle is now making there fuel mix to rich.

Reactions: kelly dean

lewdog7431

Feb 13, 2019
That makes sense in a way with the stored fuel ah maby not I still dont get it ,the way I'm understanding is that the blow back from the intake is not really a great idea in my application no matter how I put the bottle it always seems to run rich that's correct but I'm on the racing 21mm pwk with powerset bla bla

Taffy13

Sep 23, 2019
That makes sense in a way with the stored fuel ah maby not I still dont get it ,the way I'm understanding is that the blow back from the intake is not really a great idea in my application no matter how I put the bottle it always seems to run rich that's correct but I'm on the racing 21mm pwk with powerset bla bla
Welp think about it like a tuned exhaust pipe. Its using the sound/pressure waves that your engine is creating to forced fuel and air back into the engine. Adding efficiency/ power that your normally losing or having to tune back in.

But yea you really have to tune in your carb to use one and always make sure your boost bottle is after your carb on the intake track. If you dont then it will flood your engine and possibly do other weird things.

lewdog7431

Feb 13, 2019
That's powerjet (love that auto spelling)and as it is it sprays fuel out the front of the carb from the back pressure surge up through the intake way too much fuel at the ventury (educated guess) ok so with that said and after bout 5 different times setting the boost blabla up with no luck no boost for me just bog so I plugged the intake and maby I'll just fill the baba up with gunpowder fuse it sealed all pretty light the f-king thing and ride my motorbike away

lewdog7431

Feb 13, 2019
Now that red thing is my splash guard for the fuel that sprays out the front with the normal filter normally, it loads up with fuel and bogs soooooo the canister is a modified paint can from there the 21mm pwk ,long intake copper a buddy made that ,rubberhose and hoclamps,pretty intake with hole now plugged, the I believe a zeda 80 with a ported polished cyl and piston,44trear and dude it's almost like a dirt ike but one gear fat powerband winds up fast had it together for 5days now break in period for ever but this ant no hobby any more it a way of life for me now so I gotta have my whip rollin .........peace

Taffy13

Sep 23, 2019
Great looking bike, and yea the boost bottle should help stop that back surge alittle however you probably have some weird harmonics going on with your long intake runner 21mm is a really big carb, usually ive seen 18-19mm so all that extra fuel not going into the cylinder is being pushed into the bottle to flood the engine later

Taffy13

Sep 23, 2019

lewdog7431

Feb 13, 2019
still doesn't make tech sense ,dig it ,so if I have a reed valve which restricts back pressure from the crankcase and that bottle is between the carb and the crank case (follow me for a second let's see if I get this right)#1ok so the space between the carb and the intake say that's where the hose would be for the bottle right ,but if I have a reed valve that would cancel the out the back pressure regardless the position of placement the bottle is void in that perspective ,ok so say I'm running with no reed v and the boostbottle to the hose to the intake port and Its supposed to collect the resonance wave sent from the cylinder which pushes fresh fuel back out the intake and up the hose stored there in the bottle rite for what to run the carbs a little more richer well that purpose makes my carb bog from flooding from the stored fuel in the boost bottle

lewdog7431

Feb 13, 2019
the rest is taken out the bottle has not shown any improvement what so ever at least not in my application I wish ,actually I was thinking of trying out one them turbofan deals in front of the carb with the tube already in place, mount the unit facing forward like so and maby it will work as a forced induction or ram air maby ima try it anyway

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Guys there's 181 posts over the last decade about" boost bottles" key phrase in topic search...those new to the forum, can use these old posts to aid them on a multitude of subject material dealing with motor bicycling.. not just boost bottle info; when you need help. Forum members are glad to help, but honestly some of these topics have been asked and answered hundreds of times by experienced bike builders and a quick search will yield more answers than any one reply to a post can possibly provide. When reading any post always check who is responding and how experienced they are before deciding to follow their advice, some advice from newcomers is good & I can think of several new members that are sharing really good insights in their posts and asking great questions as well...some responses are however very bad.

Study and learn quickly about boost bottles and other topics and then do what you want to...experience the failure and the successes as you learn. Remember this is really fun stuff & members are here to share help when you're stumped.

Rick C.