BMX-90cc-four speed-trail bike

GoldenMotor.com

mojomoto

Apr 2, 2010
Minnesota
Freakin awsome dude! That thing makes me want to rethink my next prodgect. How did you get it titled?
There are many ways.... Some more technically legal than others.
If you have an old junked 50cc scooter or moped (the more strange brand the better) with a title, put its VIN# on your bike.... DESTROY the frame of the moped with the original VIN#. Before anybody starts waging their finger.... This isn't legal but in my opinion it is moral. Quite a few chopper builders do this and cops look the other way or have no way or want to prove otherwise unless you are being a prick to them. EXAMPLE... Tuner cars and pro street cars... Do they resemble or perform as they were stock? They still use the same original title. Some cars the only original item IS the VIN tag on the dashboard.
Or....
Make it comply with your state laws using a 50cc motor. Bring in all of your receipts for all the parts you put into it and then go to your local DMV. All states are different so.... Maybe contact them first and ask what they will require.
After you have your title in hand, put in whatever engine you want in it. Again not legal but moral. In my opinion anything smaller than a 70cc motor in city driving is dangerous unless you are in a bike lane.

If you do the first method... do not sell this bike to anyone with the title because it never existed. Get my drift.

I DO NOT CONDONE THESE METHODS!!!!...

State and federal laws are stupid. IMHO people who save gas and road space should be better treated and encouraged to be creative. usflg

Off topic. I have a Chinese built Honda Z50 copy and the title on the bottom says "Motorized Bicycle". It never has had pedals.... I have a 138cc pit bike engine in it now. Ive been pulled over on it (speeding/wheelie) The cop was laughing while stepping out of his cruizer. Got a warning. He never asked if that was the original 50cc motor. Thats my "pro street" motorized bicycle.

robbomberbomyea

Dec 10, 2011
toledo oh
love the build,but why 20" i think 24" would have been better choice for my hieght. but its not my build. love the motor thought about one for a occ i got lying around. already have my motorcycle endorsment,so thats not a concern. but im trying to stay away from plates,inspection,and insurance so ill have to keep the pedals.happy new year to ya.

mojomoto

Apr 2, 2010
Minnesota
love the build,but why 20" i think 24" would have been better choice for my hieght. but its not my build. love the motor thought about one for a occ i got lying around. already have my motorcycle endorsment,so thats not a concern. but im trying to stay away from plates,inspection,and insurance so ill have to keep the pedals.happy new year to ya.
Thanks for the input. If i plan on making some frames I have to know what people want.

Im 5'10" at 165 so.. its very comfy. A 24" frame wouldn't be hard to make. If you save your receipts and bring your motorcycle to the DMV you should be able to get a title. Little bit of run around but.
There is a site that sells a 50cc honda based ohc motor with pedals... Google Images it. That 50 could be....uh.....secretly bumped up to, lets say, 70cc. Then you would have something fun.

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
If you want to have extremely heavy duty 20 inch rims find a set of old Alex Supra J triple wall rims. They are extremely heavy but I have never heard of one breaking. I have one sitting in storage if your interested.

mojomoto

Apr 2, 2010
Minnesota
moonerdizzle

Thanks for the offer. I would have taken you up on that if I hadnt already bought a good pair. Just waiting on some 12 gage ss spokes for the rear and she will be back on two wheels.