blown spark plug?

GoldenMotor.com

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
I think you nailed it, way too lean. If you are lucky the head threads will be okay unless the whole plug blew out.

Always safer to stay a little rich for safety and longevity.

good luck

xXNightRiderXx

Jan 12, 2017
Boise
I think you nailed it, way too lean. If you are lucky the head threads will be okay unless the whole plug blew out.

Always safer to stay a little rich for safety and longevity.

good luck
It was just the core that popped (literally) out. The part in the photo (if you can see it) remained in the head. My next two stroke I'm going with a .66 jet. I actually had the needle all the way up for the richest possible mixture, but I guess even that was too lean. Two sizes under will do that I guess. The whole bike is long gone now, my bro threw it out after a fight, so yeah. Starting anew with a 212 non kit build. I'm sorry, but $360 for the kit when I can pay 200 for everything I need from various sources? $1 for the fuel line at AutoZone, 15 for the fuel tank, 119 for the engine, 40 for the sprocket, max, 15 for the clutch, 15 for the chain, and 10 for the throttle. And then 60 for the mount. Add that amount to the 140 for the sbp freewheel, chainrings, and cranks, plus 40 for the jackshaft, and I'm paying 400 for a whole 7 speed bike. Bike comes from offer up or Craigslist.

Last edited:

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
could be that it was just a defective plug - I've had really lean bikes in for repair that were that hot and kill switch wouldn't stop them since plug was acting as a glow-plug

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
seen that several times here - unplugging spark wire won't stop them either