bikes that fit 212 predator or duromax

GoldenMotor.com

Ruby478

Apr 2, 2011
Dallas,Tx
im trying to build my first 212 bike , i basically have everything except a bike. To anyone who has built a 212 bike what bike did you use for your build?

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
Hi Ruby478. Ghetto Bike uses that aluminum frame or a frame very similar to the one you mentioned with the 212cc predator engine in his Bikes For Sale. He has the respect of members of this forum who have many years of experience with motorized bicycles. However, he reinforces the entire length of the seat tube with a solid steel seat post, uses a modified moped suspension fork, mounts the engine securely with high quality machined parts and I'm confident that the chains are aligned perfectly.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
yeah i would only use a steel frame. however my real concern is the inner dimensions of the frame ive seen people fit them into cranbrook frames and worksman bikes. ive been looking into this frames. theyre similar to what phantom was using before they went electric http://www.cdhpower.com/gt-c-gas-frame-w-fuel-tank-3-4l-black.html

Just because people have used Cranbrook bikes doesn't mean they're good bikes!! (In fact, they're very cheap bikes)!!

Worksman bikes are a little small in the engine area, (unless you buy one of the Sportsman Flyer 'drop loop' bikes). (The Sportsman is a great choice BTW)

The 'Felt Faker' that you're looking at should work well, but you'll have to tilt the engine in the frame to get it to fit, & then you'll have to do some 'homework' about the oil level being in a different place inside the engine.

MotorBikeFab

Sep 5, 2018
SoCal
MotorBikeFab.com
The frames Venice Motor Bikes suggested above are excellent and some have 2 inch wide rims with 12g spokes and the triangle is large enough. Also the Felt "Bixby" type cruisers are also a good candidate with a very sturdy steel frame, and the engine can be mounted in a number of different orientations.

Good luck with your build.

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
I Second what VBM said. Specifically the Sportsman Flyer "drop loop'' frame. Not the bicycle frame though but one built to handle the weight and horsepower.
http://sportsmanflyer.com/shop/motorcycles/sportsman-200/
Read the specs on frame.
I have a buddy with a 212pred in a Cranbrook. He has more balls than brains. As I write the frame has not failed yet, but coaster brake. (All he had) Crumbled and locked the rear wheel. You can guess the rest as they say.
Tom

Reactions: Ruby478

Ruby478

Apr 2, 2011
Dallas,Tx
well this isnt my first build, just my first 212 build. Sportsman has always made great stuff. great guy too. in this build im using two 26x2.15 11g heavy duty steal wheels from Husky bicycles, the front wheel has a Sturmey Archer XL-FD 90mm Front Drum Brake. Ive got most my parts from gasbike cnc 44th sprocket and hub adapter along with a cnc mount. just to be on the safe side i ordered the short head as well http://www.huskybicycles.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=hb&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=500-260

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Chicago Schwann cruiser is best. See my threads.

Hi Ruby478. Ghetto Bike uses that aluminum frame or a frame very similar to the one you mentioned with the 212cc predator engine in his Bikes For Sale. He has the respect of members of this forum who have many years of experience with motorized bicycles. However, he reinforces the entire length of the seat tube with a solid steel seat post, uses a modified moped suspension fork, mounts the engine securely with high quality machined parts and I'm confident that the chains are aligned perfectly.
Bad idea to run that frame. To fit the 212 they also use a short machined valve cover. By doing so they do away with the stock breather and just run lines to a catch can. As a result their oil gets contaminated with blow by gases quickly. I found this out when one of his customers told me he has to change his oil every 30 miles. That’s not very good performance IMO. When I used to commute on a 212 I would change my oil the same time I did the rear tire, or about 6-800mi.

Ruby478

Apr 2, 2011
Dallas,Tx
instead of buying the felt clone i decided to buy a cranbrook and a welder and just stretch out that frame and reinforce it . i feel that will be the best option. i was thinking of streching the wheelbase to 52in but i feel ike that may be a bit long. what do you all think ?

EZL

May 13, 2016
Chenoa, Illinois, USA
Chicago Schwann cruiser is best. See my threads.

Bad idea to run that frame. To fit the 212 they also use a short machined valve cover. By doing so they do away with the stock breather and just run lines to a catch can. As a result their oil gets contaminated with blow by gases quickly. I found this out when one of his customers told me he has to change his oil every 30 miles. That’s not very good performance IMO. When I used to commute on a 212 I would change my oil the same time I did the rear tire, or about 6-800mi.
I have the 212cc on a 26" Sixthreezero frame which has tons of room for the engine. The problem, the CNC mount is not long enough to
couple to the frame. I did get the engine mounted and it's fairly level and sits low but forget about putting a pedal sprocket on the bike.
I ordered the bike off of Ebay and the order was for a single-speed with coaster brake got a darn 7-speed instead with a small 1" wheel
hub. That's the biggest problem, I need the mag wheels.

breath_easy13

Aug 27, 2019
North Caronlina
the adjustable cnc mount that was included w the 212 kit didnt fit ? The description says will fit some 26 w short head but a 29 fits fine. theres just not many cool cruiser type bikes out there that are steel at 29 withough out being over 400

Reactions: EZL

breath_easy13

Aug 27, 2019
North Caronlina
I have the 212cc on a 26" Sixthreezero frame which has tons of room for the engine. The problem, the CNC mount is not long enough to
couple to the frame. I did get the engine mounted and it's fairly level and sits low but forget about putting a pedal sprocket on the bike.
I ordered the bike off of Ebay and the order was for a single-speed with coaster brake got a darn 7-speed instead with a small 1" wheel
hub. That's the biggest problem, I need the mag wheels.
is that 26 have an extended frame ?

Reactions: EZL