Bikeberry hp carb jetting

GoldenMotor.com

javy mcdees

Jul 30, 2018
1556074079599.jpg
Be careful going through intersections Javy, a bike can not compete with a car.
thank you Greg in 1997 I was on a honda passport moped and a quban driver if a schoolbus/dodge van extra long full of kids, made the famous left hand turn in front of me and broke both femurs.
I use my best to navigate intersections but sometimes other folks are trying to do the same thing, not too long ago I made the intersection before a caddy made it, luckily the caddy driver let off the gas and that was enough to let me go by but he missed me by inches as he was going through around 40 mph and I was going around the same speed. Yes I slow it down a bit at specific intersections looking for speeding cars. I drive some of the most congested areas in Miami and as you go west of miami where it is more rural is where you think it is safer to ride is actually more dangerous than the city full of cars. the heavier the traffic the easier it is to navigate the street.

Skyler

Jul 14, 2019
Colorado Springs
I also just put on the HP carb... it went crazy, won't idle just almost goes WOT. Did some research and also found where they say these carbs aren't for high altitude because the needle can't be adjusted. I took it apart to see what they meant. While you can rejet it it doesn't have a needle with notches like the NT carb does. So you can't change the needle position. I'm hoping a smaller jet does the trick.

Skyler

Jul 14, 2019
Colorado Springs
The throttle cable was too short. So I replaced the cable adjustment piece on the NT carb with the bent tube piece on the HP carb and that took care the craziness. But it had no power. I put the smaller jet in from the NT and it's running much better. But I'm gonna buy a couple jet kits to see if I can get it running any better.