Bike parts harder to get?

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
went to my local bike shop to get tires, tubes, wheels and a set of mini ape bars for my wifes bike build and the owner told me it was hard to impossible to get a lot of the common bike stuff right now and didnt look like it was gonna get any better for a long time.

just wondering if anyone else has experienced this in their area.

Reactions: fasteddy

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Yes sir, bicycle inventories have been thin here where I live.

And yes, ebay has what I need most of the time.

If my local bike shop has what I need it's usually always cheaper to buy from them than ebay in my experience and convenient.

Last week I bought some Kenda MTB tires at my local shop for $18 each and the same tires on ebay were between $28-$32 each.

The cost of the "FREE" shipping on ebay added to the items cost is the negative on ebay, but most things can be found there or on amazon for sure.

I know that bicycles have been flying off the shelves all over the country over the past year because of the plandemic... Maybe the parts supply has been the same?

eBay is a good place to find all of the parts you're looking for.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
My Mongoose fat tire bike cost me around 220 bucks a couple of years ago at Wally World. Same bike at Walmart costs around 400 bucks these days.

Yes sir, its crazy....

I seen a pile of old beach bikes at a junk shop locally a couple days ago, im gonna go by there today and see what theyre asking for them, looked lie some decent bikes, nothing fancy, but matbe some good parts and maybe a couple of good frames in the mix.

hope they dont know what nmbijea are selling for now....lol

Reactions: fasteddy

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
My Mongoose fat tire bike cost me around 220 bucks a couple of years ago at Wally World. Same bike at Walmart costs around 400 bucks these days.

Well I hit the jackpot bought four complete rideable Huffy Cranbrook bikes $150 for all.

$37 and fifty cents each out the door all have the wheels with 12 gauge spokes good seats Etc....

some good parts and all have perfect tire but for one that has front tire with some slits in sidewall.

Yeah not high end parts that some would even consider, but my 2010 Cranbrook has all original parts and has tons of mikes on it without a single failure so when things are well greases and kept adjusted these bike parts hold up nicely.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Its due to the pandemic. And its not ever going to be like it was. Everything is getting scarce. The supply may come back but dont count on the prices going back down.
Yep this (PLANDEMIC/SCAMDEMIC) has allowed the powers to institute the "New Normal" which is leading us to the "Great Reset"

all their words not mine...

If people would dig into true history they'll find that this process started at and actually before the founding of America and the world has been basically run by a hand full of particular people and specific families for centuries.

These people own and control everything.

Things will never go back to how they were for sure

Just prepare and enjoy what freedoms we have left.