Bike Cargo Conversion Kit

GoldenMotor.com

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one here who would find it cool, so I figured I'd share this.

On the way into the grocery store I saw this bike in the rack. At first glance I thought it was one of the 'Dutch' cargo bikes available in a place downtown here. On second look, I realised it actually had a motor-compatible frame, so I stopped to check it out. I've looked at those bikes and many don't have the frame for a CG/HT to go into easily.

Something about it didn't seem right. It hit me after a few seconds, this bike was converted.

I stopped and took some pics, (they're attached) and checked out the website. It's a kit called the FreeRadical X1 from a company called Xtracycle. The extention frame bolts into the dropouts, and at the chainstay bridge. A pic of the frame itself is under the 'Details' tab. Their sidecar kit that can just bolt on to it looks pretty good too.

The bike was gone by the time we got out of there, so I didn't get a chance to find it's rider. I'll be keeping an eye out for it though, it's got to be in the neighbourhood somewhere.

It's not a project I can afford right now, but it has me thinking about it.

Attachments

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Very cool looking set up for those like me who would love to have at least one bike that I could take into town and haul a couple sacks of groceries back home on......

Thanks for the info on this CTripps, gave me some ideas for sure.