Best Mirror

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by TeddyB, Nov 5, 2008.

1. TeddyB

TeddyB New Member

I have tried 3 mirrors on my bike and have not found any I like. They all seem to vibrate loose .

Im wondering if anyone makes a clutch or brake lever for bicycles with the mirror mounted right on the lever, like the ones on my Honda? :ride:

Ted

2. Technocyclist

Technocyclist Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist

I used one of those 'strap-ons'. They never fall off loose because it's strapped on with a rubber thingy that absorbs the vibration. It's a Zefal 'Spy Mirror' strap anywhere. The good thing about this is that you can strap it almost anywhere on your bike.

ComCycle USA - Product Info: Zefal Spy Mirror Bike Bicycle

3. Finfan

Finfan New Member

I found a mirror at Ace Hardware for about $8 that inserts into the end of the handlebar. It seems quite steady when riding. Although I have to adjust it every time I start out because I am always bumping it.

4. misteright1_99

misteright1_99 New Member

Why not buy a clutch mount from a motorcyle, from Ebay. Might be able to find one with mirror and lever complete. Just make sure it is for 7/8" not 1" bars.....Heres one from a Honda........

eBay Motors: 1980 Honda CB750F Clutch Lever (item 110307717746 end time Nov-10-08 17:08:18 PST)

#4 misteright1_99, Nov 6, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2008
  5. TeddyB

TeddyB New Member

I just bought another mirror today ,found it at a schwinn shop so time will tell.

good Idea though the e bay thing. A motoecycle lever might be a bit of overkill but i was thinking that, probably would buy a new one if I decided on that.

:ride: Ted

6. RedB66

RedB66 New Member

7. Easy Rider

Easy Rider Santa Cruz Scooter Works

The ones we use are from the motorcycle shop. They attach to the end of the bars and are tighten up with an allen wrench. They have never moved since I installed them. They aren't the cheapest ones. I paid $45 for two of them so I put one on my bike and Dean's.

8. old motorbike

old motorbike New Member

I found a cheap, universal clamp-on at a motorcycle shop.

Attached Files:

9. Motormac

Motormac New Member

I have a good quality clamp on mirror, to ensure it doesnt move put a small self tapping screw thru the clamp and into the handlebar, I also loctite this screw.

10. Dave31

Dave31 Moderator
    Staff Member

If you use a motorcycle mirror...may I suggest mirror dampers that take out 99% of the vibration.

They are around $10-15 and can be picked up at most motorcycle stores. I used a pair on my XR600 and even at 70mph bouncing, jumping through the desert my mirrors where nice and steady. On the street, they where absolutely perfect.

Attached Files:

• kmvi.jpg
      kmvi.jpg
      File size:
      15.3 KB
      Views: