Bad packaging created JUNK..!

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I ordered cylinder, piston, gaskets, wrist pin, clips and upper needle bearing kit from ebay seller I had never done business with before because the price was good for all these parts

it finally came after just shy of 2 weeks wrapped in 2-3 layers of chinese dirt and bubble wrap and then ni ely wadded up and taped all together in plastic bag.

gaskets ruined even if I had planned to use them, piston shoved down into cylinder and stuck, piston will not even slide through cylinder, it can be forced through with a decent amount of pressure and it can be seen that before I even got the items this was done repeatedly and cause grooves to be scratched into the piston.

This jug looks like someone took a hammer to it...lol

pics listed here are what I sent to seller along with explanation.

will wait now to see what they're will to do about this.
IMG_20210814_130159.jpg
IMG_20210814_132144.jpg
IMG_20210814_132533.jpg
IMG_20210814_132604.jpg

Reactions: fasteddy

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I have more pics of damage not shown in these, but this should be enough...lol

scratches on bottom of piston skirt arent a big deal, but there are actually groves scratced into top area between rings all the way to top of piston also which I didnt post up in first posting. still not something I am real worried about, but the fact that the piston wint even slide through the cylinder is a big issue, Im gonna look closer whe I have time to see if there may some flashing that can be removed to eliminate that issue, but I cant see of feel anything on first inspection that makes me think that is the problem

Larry Trotter

Nov 26, 2017
Now is your opportunity to do some experiments with porting and polishing. You are going to end up keeping this either way because shipping back probably isn’t an option. Straitened out the fins some and polish and port match the ports. A large brake cylinder hone will probably work to get a proper piston fit, hone it in a bucket of water with a battery drill. You may be surprised at what you end up with.

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
If the seller is up and up they should send you a new stuff and just let ya keep the damaged product.
If the seller don't help you, file a claim for a damaged product.
I hope everything works out in your favor

Do ya mind posting the E Bay link of who you bought this from.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
If the seller is up and up they should send you a new stuff and just let ya keep the damaged product.
If the seller don't help you, file a claim for a damaged product.
I hope everything works out in your favor

Do ya mind posting the E Bay link of who you bought this from.

Larry Trotter

Nov 26, 2017
Problem is the piston has to be literally tapped through the bore, which has put some scratches on the piston.

Im gonna see if I can do some light file work to get piston to slide through bore without hanging up
If you use a file to fit a piston you will fail badly.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Now is your opportunity to do some experiments with porting and polishing. You are going to end up keeping this either way because shipping back probably isn’t an option. Straitened out the fins some and polish and port match the ports. A large brake cylinder hone will probably work to get a proper piston fit, hone it in a bucket of water with a battery drill. You may be surprised at what you end up with.
Measure Twice
I just wanted to let you know about these pages from ebay, they apply even when it says buyer pays return shipping

snipet from above link
"Who pays for return shipping?
The seller pays for return shipping if they offer a free returns policy or if the item was damaged, faulty, or doesn’t match the listing description.

You pay for return shipping if you’re returning the item because you changed your mind, and the seller’s return policy states that buyers are responsible for return shipping.

Learn more about what to do if:

When clicking on The seller is paying for return shipping, it leads to the webpage link below. That is where I see about "Asking Ebay To Step In"

snipet from above link

"Tip
If the seller is responsible for return shipping, it’s important that they cover the costs. If the seller won’t cover the cost, let us know by asking eBay to step in. "

Now I know sometimes it is easier to just fix something youself if it seems can be done at not too much trouble. Just once that is done the seller may say no returns and Ebay may agree, as opposed to what I copied an pasted above, where they are asking buyer if they feel wronged about shipping by who pays with the "Asking Ebay To Step In".

Anyway just putting that out there. And I'm sure if it was different with seller saying free returns shipping it would be an easier return not having to use the "Ask Ebay To Step In" way around.

MT

Larry Trotter

Nov 26, 2017
Just buy from a us seller and be done with it. It’s a $21.00 package to you in 4 days. Play with what you got from china for some experience.
DE901B72-8DD8-4B1E-B70F-992E9A74344E.png

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I appreciate the input sir, honestly Ive bought a pile of parts from usa based sellers of the china parts and several sellers who Id call generic sellers since when I started tinkering with this motorized bike hobby back in 2009, over the years Ive had actually very few issues with either and they've all been willing to work something out with me on it.

On this recent situation they refunded half the money back, no argument and with and apology, so I ended up only being out $15 for everything and Im sure I can use all but the base gasket.

I've been buying and sellling on ebay for over 20 years and I've found that probably 99+% of these sellers will work with you when there is a problem.

Just buy from a us seller and be done with it. It’s a $21.00 package to you in 4 days. Play with what you got from china for some experience. View attachment 108469