arnt all these 70cc bicycle motors the same

GoldenMotor.com

bbike1

Apr 30, 2008
i know that every one is saying that they are different, but from very high quallity pics of different engines, they look exactly the same, detail to detail they are the same. whats the difference from a 160.00 job like 80cc Motor Bicycle Engine Kit Motorized Bike Gas Kits - eBay (item 270231659562 end time May-04-08 10:20:48 PDT)
and one of chris hills setups for 350.00

i know people say spark plug and sparkplug wire, but i have no problem replacing that for the 200 dollar savings. what makes it... worth it? thanks

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Re: arnt all these 70cc motors the same

I think the kits you are talking about could be real 80cc engines?
They come in labled designations of PK-50, 60 70 & PK-80.
I havent opened one up to measure the displacement tho... But they DO look bigger!
I will say this, I use the PK-80's & they're a lot faster than my friends engines!
They are the best deal that I've found...

Also, I don't know if chris hill does anything special to his engines?

Last edited:

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
From what I understand Chris takes them apart, cleans things up and I'm not too sure but I think he puts needle bearing in as well. Personally, I like the sounds of $200 delivered to your door from zoom but I'm proud of the fact that I am a cheap arshole.

bbike1

Apr 30, 2008
so veniceboy, you have the pk80, the one that goes for 160 shipped? how do you like it and what speeds you seeing? i just can't justify the difference of price for the lack of proof that anything is different on the more expensive engines.

bbike1

Apr 30, 2008
bigjoe, what im trying to get at is what makes a difference other than "he says so..." i am in no ways doubting chris and im sure he has an excellent product, but from the veterens of motorbikes, have you seen a difference? just because one product cost more or has a couple other things upgraded, when push comes to shove, how do these "less expensive" engines ad up?

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
I think what you want to have is members to say "buy this one" and that is the problem you get into when sellers help to keep this place going.
I have a "kingsmotorbikes" "80cc" and have run it every single day, snow,rain, you name it. It's been a year now and all i have done is change plugs twice.
I think if you had a Chris Hill engine you would be very happy as well, he is very honest
I'm very happy with mine.
Just yesterday as I was riding her I told her that I loved her as there are days when she seems so happy
LOL..I hope that helps!

ran49

Mar 5, 2008
So.In.
I'm sure Chris Hill's engines are very good,but at that price you get some competition.I would love to see one of these.Morini Motori
$425.00 shipped.Ron

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
There is a thread on this site about that kit "ran"
I can't tell whee you are from bbike but if you are in the usa, you have about 100 options.
If I could snap my fingers, I would have a 4 stroke honda Z 50cc on my bike. I would have the 3 gears as well as the auto clutch.It's nothing for them to run 10 years! Pocket bikes go for a couple of hundred and are a copy of the honda 50. It would take a bit of figuring but you would have a bike that would last years and would be nice and smooth as well as quiet.

ran49

Mar 5, 2008
So.In.
I should have said that at the present I have a $150.00 Boygofast and it's running great aside from vibration that sets in about at the point where the motor is over revving.Sort of like a hint.Also I'm stuck on the looks of a frame mounted traditional 2 cycle.Thats just me.Image is everything you know.lol,Ron

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
I can't help but wonder if all of these kits come from the same factory anyways.
The joke is on us, I think!
I think that the bottom line is that if you get a couple of months out of any kit, you will have had more than your share of fun. Many go out to a bar and spend the money we spend on these kits in one night out. Honestly, what's a couple of hundred bucks when you compare other forms of fun and transportation. A bus ride is almost three bucks one way in Toronto for god sakes.

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Not even Close..

These engines are not the same. Not even close. There are at least 50 different factories and each factory has their own version. The stroke is different, The bore is different, Porting is different, Connection rods are different, Cranks are different, Pistons are different, Exhaust pipes are different, Carbs are different. some use 6mm cylinder studs, others use 8mm, Counter shaft sprockets are different. Some have larger cooling fins, and more. Now..With that said... Here is what items I have found that are similar and can work with most of the other engines. Side covers, Magnetos, CDI's, Spark Plugs, Carbs. If you buy a 70cc ring set from me and think it is going to fit a 70cc from another factory, think again. Also..There is no such thing as an 80cc 2 stroke Kit from China. It does not exist. Period.. If someone is selling an 80cc engine kit 2 stroke bicycle kit made in China, they are lying and misreprsenting their product. If you have any other questions on this. Feel free to contact me or email me. Thanks..Enjoy the ride..

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
Wow, that blows my mind! Imagine how many kits are pumped out every day if each factory were to put out just 50 kits per day..(50x50=2500) 2500x365=912,500.
That is very useful info, about parts interchangeability. That can be very scary.
Now I know why some clutches have round pucks and I don't.
"thanksdax"

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I can only comment and say I have bought three from that'sdax and they are really worth the price. I don't know if you could make one good enough to charge much over 200 dollars U.S. shipped.

Parts between different engines aren't always compatable.

dax engines all have the roller upper too.

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I think what you want to have is members to say "buy this one" and that is the problem you get into when sellers help to keep this place going.

whatchootalkinboutwillis?

There are no sellers who "help to keep this place going", it stands on it's own. Unless you are talking about paying for advertising....but that's not really"helping to keep this place going".

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
Don't take it the wrong way. i guess it's more of a hangup I have than anything. Not wanting to recommend a brand, knowing that an advertiser will be reading my post. Sort of like being on "a Ford site" and recommending a "chrysler" and knowing that Mr. Ford will be reading it.
I hope that cleared that up.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Yes. I only recommend the that'sdax engines because I have bought three. I don't "disrecommend" any others.

Now, If I bought a kit from someone and it sucked, I would surely say so.
I just go with what I know.

bbike1

Apr 30, 2008
great, so thats what i was asking. i have no issue spending money on an engine that others have had good luck with. Doesnt mean that i believe engine a is different than engine b, just means i am willing to spend more on engine a because of its high feedback. i think il go with the dax kit, its pretty cheap.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
so veniceboy, you have the pk80, the one that goes for 160 shipped? how do you like it and what speeds you seeing? i just can't justify the difference of price for the lack of proof that anything is different on the more expensive engines.

I've bought engines from kings motor bikes, boygofast, & powerking.
Boygofast & powerking both sell PK-80's.
Of the engines I have tried, I like the PK-80 the best.
I have no knowlege of how anyone elses engines perform.

bagger

Apr 29, 2008
south bay ca
I have the kingsmotor I paid 199.00 +45.oo shiping. I ve had it about 1 year a have 100s of mi on the motor.I just order 1 more. were do i get the 150.00 motor?