anybody have info on the new chinese hubadapters on the market??

GoldenMotor.com

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
I don't believe that the hose clamp is going to hold. It's just too easy to strip them out. I think there is a real safety issue here and that's why I'm putting in my two cents.

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
Ive used 2 of these on 2 Shimano Coaster Brake wheels 12G spokes with no problems at all. "Hybrid Rag Joint" Hose clamp will center perfectly - mounting 9 bolts through half the spokes, after tightening will not allow slippage.The only issue will be during install. Once installed out of package, you will have NO in or out hub adjustment. You may need an extra plate / flat washers to bring sprocket away from wheel to better align both sprockets. I prefer the sprocket adapters; although a more expensive set-up It will give a range of in or out adjustment.

Last edited:

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
I see now how it could work with the rag joint. All the gripping power is on the spokes in the rubber sandwich. I wonder if that was the real intention of the design. I don't think it's mentioned in the ad or shown.

Good on you Allen for figuring this out. It would make installation easier than just the stock set up.

forties

Jun 2, 2017
compton
Ah, I see how it works now. It keeps the rubber sandwich.

Allen, which adapter setup do you prefer??

I used shims between my sprocket and hub to get my standard kit to center. I cut my shims out of old rubber hose. It really helped..