another huskey steel rear wheel snapped....what the ****

GoldenMotor.com

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
I don't think gil want's to admit he put the bearings in upside down.

What's funny is he did this twice and ruined two wheels
Ya think he would of realized his mistake the first time LOL

I know the wheel hub didn't come with the bearings installed upside down.
Look at the age of that wheel,No way it would if lasted that long

Last edited:

gill vanderwerf

Sep 9, 2019
Yes I did, all full of crud, bearings on backwards. Looks like he had them apart greased them and put the bearings back on backwards, then miss adjusted it, then blame the co. ...............Curt
i never took them apart and DONT LIKE TO BE CALLED A LIER!!

• Haha
Reactions: wrench

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
i never took them apart and DONT LIKE TO BE CALLED A LIER!!
Really not calling you a liter, just stating what it looked like, it’s a sad case what has happened. But something is wrong, get on YouTube and find out how to adjust and take care of them, people have asked for more info and and pictures. You seem to have no clue or they are actually so simple to work on. .........Curt

Reactions: fasteddy

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
When I saw the heading that a steel wheel had snapped I was expecting a snapped rear wheel, not the bearings run out of it. The wheel looks like it have seen some hard miles and look like they have slung the grease out of bearings for a while as dirty as the wheel is.

Used in the salt and snow? That may have added to the problem.

Why would one person have two wheels go bad one after the other when who knows how many people have used them on motorized bicycles. Bad luck or user error?

Steve.

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Husky wheels are fine on a light weight build. I recently purchased front and rear and they are nice. They will replace the wheels on my Huffy Davidson.
The front wheel on my Sportsman Flyer 80 has a Husky Sturmey front wheel. But the rear wheel was purchased from Worksman.
There is no comparison. Worksman wheels are massively built compared to a Husky. Spoke thimbles, specifically.

Get what you pay for. My Huffy Classic Cruiser, $119.97 on sale in 2016. Husky front wheel drum brake assembly?
Twenty bucks more.
Sportsman Flyer uses Worksman wheels I expect to minimize liability torts.

Tom