Aloha Everyone!

GoldenMotor.com

Bottomfeeder

Mar 29, 2017
Honolulu
Guess where I'm from? I'm looking forward to reading the posts and meeting some of you. I've recently finished my first build and enjoying my rides around town and to the beaches.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Howziit! Guess where I'm from?

Maybe we can meet up and ride one day.r.ly.

I live by Aloha Stadium. Where are you?

What kind of bike and engine do you have?

Bottomfeeder

Mar 29, 2017
Honolulu
Howzit 5-7HEAVEN!
I live near Punahou, and Yeah, let's meet up and go riding in the near future. I have a friend, who got me interested in motorbicycling, who i ride with and we're always looking out for other's with the same hobby.

I just finished my first build a few weeks ago. It's a huffy cruiser with a 66cc-80cc Raw engine-kit.

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Ok welcome to the forum bottomfeeder... but stop rubbing paradise in our cold face's already...
We have 2 seasons here in the arctic...frozen and giant swarms of mosquitos. Take your pick. I am not envious either... I'm plain ole jealous. Have fun in your darn 75 degree light tropical breezes and ocean views but think of us frozen bit up idiots up here sitting alone in the dark cold garage once in awhile you two enjoy your damn palm trees and sun/surf while riding your forsaken MBs LOL laff

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
BTW, we only need our MB s here out of pure necessity to outrun the Mosquito and gnat swarms during our 3 week and 4 days of summer, but you wouldn't know anything about that/ PS{ Have fun and Aloha back at ya.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Lol, I had a hunch you were in the Punahou/Makiki area.

It's been years since my mb buddies moved back to the Mainland.

My Diamondback Response (mountain) bike has a Tanaka 47R engine w/shift kit. It's been resurrected last month, after years stored in the closet.

PM sent to you,

Myron aka 5-7HEAVENxct2

Bottomfeeder

Mar 29, 2017
Honolulu
Ok welcome to the forum bottomfeeder... but stop rubbing paradise in our cold face's already...
We have 2 seasons here in the arctic...frozen and giant swarms of mosquitos. Take your pick. I am not envious either... I'm plain ole jealous. Have fun in your darn 75 degree light tropical breezes and ocean views but think of us frozen bit up idiots up here sitting alone in the dark cold garage once in awhile you two enjoy your damn palm trees and sun/surf while riding your forsaken MBs LOL laff
Mahalo for the warm MN. welcome ZipTie! Lol. There's no need to be jealous, we've got mosquitos here too, and you've got snow and the big Mall. The sun is overrated and the weathermen in Hawaii have the easiest job in the world. Btw, I'd like to see some pics of the roads you ride on. I'll send you some also. Take care, and thanks for the welcome.

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Ok my friend you made me not as jealous...but I'm still pretty jealous. Ill get you a road pict or two when it warms up past freezing cold, windy and damp.

Actually MN has some benefits, I just cant think of any right now. LOL In all seriousness, you do live in a real Paradise and are very lucky. End of May here is our beautiful Hawaii like time and I cant wait. We have lots of lakes around here and I can see blue water out all my windows, ...not complaining (yes I am) except the summer is so short and winters so long. I am building a hush hush ebike tonight so I can also enjoy all the bike paths around here better that don't allow gas motorized bikes.

Bottomfeeder

Mar 29, 2017
Honolulu
There you go! Minnesota's the land of a thousand lakes and your lucky enough to live right next to one. Just a little bit of " the grass is always greener", I suppose. I'm also interested in e-bikes. Here, in Honolulu, I get a lot of strange looks as I ride past people on my gas bike. Gas and e-bikes are almost nonexistent here. There are only two e-bike stores that I know of, and no gas bike ones.

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
I'm surprised MB are not everywhere there. I think an ideal situation is really to have one of each a gas and E bike. Neither one can replace the other one. Kinda cool to be able to go into stealth mode and ride slow and silent on paths and safer and sidewalks also. By no means can either one say its superior.
I started on a fresh new bike and 7 hours later I was riding this E motorized mountain bike. Its my second ebike build. I do front hubs as they are so simple.

Attachments

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Endless summer might be nice and having the ocean at your doorstep is just the thing for some, but for me northern Minnesota is my idea of paradise. Granted there is a long period of hibernation good for bears and readers, but summer is a glory and I'll take fresh water I can drink over saltwater anytime. Minnesota has over 12,500 lakes and that's not counting myriad creeks, potholes, ponds and rivers, most of which are in my part of the state which is called "the Arrowhead"in the northeastern corner. The Boundary Waters Canoe Area is a million acres and is truly lake country and just on the other side of the border with Canada is Quetico Provincial Park a mirror image of the BWCA with it's own world of fresh water. And to the east of us is huge Lake Superior. No, it isn't Hawaii and it isn't for everyone, but as an avid canoeist who grew up in this part of the world it is home and I wouldn't trade places.
Welcome to the forum, by the way. This, too, is a fine place to be.
SB

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
I'm surprised MB are not everywhere there. I think an ideal situation is really to have one of each a gas and E bike. Neither one can replace the other one. Kinda cool to be able to go into stealth mode and ride slow and silent on paths and safer and sidewalks also. By no means can either one say its superior.
I started on a fresh new bike and 7 hours later I was riding this E motorized mountain bike. Its my second ebike build. I do front hubs as they are so simple.
I think one reason why MB's aren't everywhere here is because bicycle riders are afraid to ride in traffic. Besides, if you install any motor on your bicycle, you become a pariah. Most shops won't work with you, so the MB rider has to be able to maintain and repair everything on his bike.

For many reasons, common people can't or won't do it. Running an MB takes dedication.

I've been seeing a few E-bikes and E-scooters in downtown Honolulu. That's because parking is extremely expensive and hard to obtain, especially for office workers.

My first motorized bike was an electrified girlie bike. I used a front hub and ran 72vdc. Top speed was 27mph; range was 50 miles. The 125-lb. was so loaded with lead batteries that I could FEEL the aluminum frame twist from the added weight at times.

Bottomfeeder

Mar 29, 2017
Honolulu
Endless summer might be nice and having the ocean at your doorstep is just the thing for some, but for me northern Minnesota is my idea of paradise. Granted there is a long period of hibernation good for bears and readers, but summer is a glory and I'll take fresh water I can drink over saltwater anytime. Minnesota has over 12,500 lakes and that's not counting myriad creeks, potholes, ponds and rivers, most of which are in my part of the state which is called "the Arrowhead"in the northeastern corner. The Boundary Waters Canoe Area is a million acres and is truly lake country and just on the other side of the border with Canada is Quetico Provincial Park a mirror image of the BWCA with it's own world of fresh water. And to the east of us is huge Lake Superior. No, it isn't Hawaii and it isn't for everyone, but as an avid canoeist who grew up in this part of the world it is home and I wouldn't trade places.
Welcome to the forum, by the way. This, too, is a fine place to be.
SB
Well said SilverBear. We all live in beautiful places and we are all lucky to be Living in the home of the"Free". I imagine it must be breath taking as well to ride and canoe in northeastern Minnesota. Did you know that canoeing is as much of Hawaiian culture as surfing is? They even have canoe surfing contests.

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Yes we are all Lucky to be here. You guys can ride all year long, but when we can ride we appreciate it tremendously more/lol. I'm surprised to hear not many motorized bikes yet there. Here in Mn there are very few also. I've yet to see one. I couldn't resist and took my new ebike out last night at 1am for a 10 mile cold run to silently cruise thru a bike path that wanders though a forested swamp. It was nice to do such a thing in dead silence. Stopped and turned off the lights for an hour to star gaze and look for Northern lights that never made an appearance as promised. The forest was dead quite as well, no sounds at all. Came hm made some hot tea and went to bed and fell asleep feeling pretty lucky to be alive.

Yes, I can attest Silverbear lives in one of the most beautiful places on earth.