Air leak???

GoldenMotor.com

Kaden

Mar 18, 2017
Nanaimo
Hey guys,

It’s my first post here although I’ve been following threads for a little over a year now and have built 3 motorized bikes in that time the newest one being a bbr tuning frame and mag wheels with a GT5 SkyHawk with shaved down cylinder head, stage 2 CDI, motocross flexy poopoo pipe, 44 tooth sprocket, boost bottle system and upgraded handle grips. It’s with this build that I’ve been having issues that I think could caused by an air leak. I’ve done what is normally suggested with using goop around where the carb meets the intake to very little effect. I’ve tested for air leaks using the the wd-40 method (spraying wd-40 around the intake to check where the leak is) and it has no effect to the idle speed. The engine idles but very erratically in that it jumps up and down in rpms. I can send a video link if needed. Does anybody have any idea what’s going on?????? Please let me know and thank you in advance for your kind and Immediate responses.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
I think I would first try it without the boost bottle to see what happens. Never seen those bottles do any good on motors without reeds.