Adjusting the HuaSheng 142F (49cc) carburetor

GoldenMotor.com

newfie

Oct 1, 2020
As I have done that recently, the easy answer is yes, adjust that screw will make a HUGE difference. I had the same issue, I could feel that the engine wanted to go more, adjusted that and instant improvement. As for the top speed, that will depend on the gearing you are using, easiest to change would be the rear sprocket. Finally, my engine kit came with the "basic" muffler, this one: https://www.gasbike.net/collections/mufflers/products/chrome-exhaust-muffler-1 , not sure how much it would affect performance.
thanks so much for the info and getting back appreciate that...thanks eh..lol

Toast3.2

Apr 12, 2021
Is there anyway around it rather than pedaling. Would my belt be to tight?
They really don't have the power to get you moving. You will need to push off or pedal, depending on the slope. If you don't want to do that, my first thought is more power. However, that can get costly, especially since you're looking for low power torque. That could mean a new crankshaft and/or engine, along with general power mods (muffler deletion, less restrictive filter). My second thought is to ignore the power, and go hybrid. Low RPM electric motor hooked up to the chain to get you started, shouldn't need to be that powerful or need a big heavy battery. But, it does mean that there might be special concerns on the frame

newfie

Oct 1, 2020
tanks so much everybody, very good info i got from you all ,very appreciative of the info and all of your time..thanks eh
but heres how im solving the problem with thesd carbs...intake manifold adaptor ..lol lets you put 2 stoke carbs on your HS 49cc and exhaust adaptors as well, im not a dales rep. but two places i know that carry these are kings motor bikes and BikeBerry.
now i have question about this adding 2 stroke carbs to this HS 49cc..question is ..is this ok to do firsg of all ,is there any chance of doing harm?? ..idk ..im no machanic thats for sure..lol welder/fitter me.
this is what i have otg...micargi stretch beacb cruiser ..mustang and puma...only two here in newfounldand possibly in all of eastern canada..luvs my american made bike..wish you guys get back to making product again. .but anywsy will it do harm to yhe engine by running a 2 stroke.
thank everyone once again...God bless the good Ol' US of A

Attachments

newfie

Oct 1, 2020
Replying all the way into 2018. Oh well this is a very informative thread, hopefully there are still people following and active on this. On my current motorized project bike I'm having a huge pain in the ass starting the motor up if even at all. I have to use starting fluid :/. From what your post was saying I could drill out a brass plug that is in place of the A/F mixture screw. If I adjust the screw would that put life in the motor?
I was also told that this motor might be running too lean thus it not starting up.
Here's a picture of my bike: View attachment 97961

I have the HuaSheng 142F (49cc) motor. From recommendations from another forum I was told that there is a A/F adjustment screw hidden behind the brass plug on the other side of the carburetor. Pictured here: View attachment 97962
(A/F adjustment screw behind the brass plug closest the the engine)

He stated "Lean engines burn cleaner, but too lean = no fire. I prefer slightly on the rich side, engine runs cooler."
He said if I took out the plug, I would be able to tune the motor.

Would this be the miracule cure to make the motor start?
drill it ..go slow..mine came right out no probs...but i have to say it hasnt done much at all...the company that i bought mine fro. said i my have to gey another carb...older model tbey said...i guess one with air/fuel mix...im going to try this adaptor thing so you can put on 2 strike carbs...BikeBerry and kings motor bikes has them i know ..im going to give a whirl ,see what happens...it works out I'll let you all know. ..this is what i have otg.
making sidecar now for it..haul dog around..lol

Attachments

newfie

Oct 1, 2020
I have had a few members pm me for help adjusting their HS carbs
this info was posted by Quenton (pres of EZM)
I am reposting because I couldn't remember where it was located

"Adjusting the HuaSheng 142F (49cc) carburetor

In order to adjust the carburetor it is necessary to warm the motor up first. The motor should have at least 5 minutes running time before any adjustments are made.

On the left side of the carburetor near the front is the idle mixture screw.

On the HuaSheng motor the idle mixture screw is a fuel adjustment, not an air adjustment.

Simply adjust the screw for maximum idle, and then turn the screw approx 1/16" counter-clockwise [slightly rich].

Check the throttle response, and adjust the mixture if there is a hesitation. Turn screw clockwise if it "bulks" and then catches on [rich], or adjust screw counter-clockwise if it accelerates and then drops off quickly [lean].

Have fun,
hey AZ hope this finds you n yours wellthat goes for all my american brothers n sisters..luvs you all.
anyway i seen video yesterday of a young fella with HS motor ..he was saying to switch that black spacer ,gasket or whatever between the carb and engine put it in front between air filter and carb. says youll get better fuel and more rpm's...he saying like 6,000 of them...is this harmful to the motor ..like i said in other posts n replys ..im no machanic. .lol
the carb. info i thank you very much for that and your time Sir...i failed to mention that the company i purchased the kit from told me if its not running tip top may have to get an older model carb. adjustable one air/fuel i guess they mean...im gonna try 2 stroke have an adaptor coming...i would like to know your opinion on that, and is it ok to do..respect your opinions eh.
thank you very much.
this sites the gear...id be lost without all your heads eh..lol
thanks