Adjustable 2 stroke motor mount?

GoldenMotor.com

CycleRyder

Jun 23, 2017
I have been searching the net for a 2 stroke motor mount that will allow for side to side adjustments like on the 4 stroke mounts but to no avail. I always wanted a 2 stroke for my cruiser but had to settle for a 4 stroke since it's basicaly the only type of motor that can fit my bike. By 'fit' I mean being able to clear my tire with a direct drive. My back tire is about 3 inches wide so clearing it with a 4 stroke mount was easy enough especially with a sprocket adapter & some spacers.

2 stroke motor mounts offer very very limited side to side adjustments if any. The CNC 1.5 clamp from the looks of it offers some side to side adjustment but dont know if it would be enough of an adjustment to the left side I would need plus they only seem to make that kind of mouning clamp for the front down tube only. So does anyone know of any 2 stroke motor mounts that allow for side to side adjustments? The 2 stroke I would want is the newer Grubee GT5A from Bicycle Engines because it seems to be the most reliable of the 2 stroke china girls.

Also just so we are clear my cruiser is a 1 speed so I don't want to pay an extra $150 to $200 on a jackshaft shifter kit as it would be a waste of money. Would much rather just get a 2 stroke motor mount that I can adjust to help my chain clear my tire. Would be much cheaper that way for me.

CycleRyder

Jun 23, 2017
crassius; Don't know if my frame would be able to fit that kind of motor mount & the motor as well. From the looks of it the Grubee GT5A 66cc 2 stroke has a wider 1.5 down tube mount than the generic 2 stroke engines. Problem is theres no way to slide it an inch or so to the left like I can on my 4 stroke mount.

I was thinking of a way to adapt the 2 stroke motor to my 4 stroke mounting plate. This could solve alot of issues & make removing the motor easier than on the bike frame itself. Could also help dampen vibrations a little to. I'm suprised nobody has yet to try this. Seems like all I might need to make that work is longer mounting studs & maybe 2 holes drilled for the rear studs since they have less space between them than the front mount of the GT5A. Or insead of drilling for the back studs I could try to get creative with brackets. Thoughts?

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
I was thinking of getting rid of the u-bolts and bolting that one to the 4-stroke plate you already have - should slide the same then.

Reactions: ScreaminDemon

mike carter 2

Nov 23, 2011
west virgina
20170624_201100.jpg
i built my bike from a shwinn blackwell bike its got 3 inch tires,i did offset my engine,i made weld on frame mounts to do it.ill try to post some pics after my head stops hurting.give me a min

Last edited:
Reactions: ScreaminDemon

CycleRyder

Jun 23, 2017
I was thinking of getting rid of the u-bolts and bolting that one to the 4-stroke plate you already have - should slide the same then.
Let me know how it turns out. Would like to know how that kind of setup fairs before I give it a try. Also dont forget to post pictures of it.

Just too bad nobody has made an adapter to fit 2 strokes on a 4 stroke mounting plate yet. One methood I was thinking about is using longer mounting studs bent to a certain position & some metal brackets & locknuts could help to fit a 2 stroke to a 4 stroke mount. Anyone know for sure if 2 stroke mounting studs can be removed & replaced with longer ones?

ZekeNoScooter

Jun 18, 2019
I've been using this BMX chain for 100s of miles. It is thinner and will give you just a little more room for your tire. It's got nickle plated reinforced plates and a breaking load of 25,000 Newton so it won't ever break and it won't get twisted either. Also, it goes through the engine sprocket with much less drag.
http://www.treefortbikes.com/product/333222411856/92/Wippermann-ConneX-1R8-1-and-2.html
Sorry, I know it's been a while. Just wondered where you got engine sprocket?