7g belt cross reference

GoldenMotor.com

xlander

Dec 12, 2014
az
Anyone have a good cross reference number for the belts on the 7g? I have been looking all day. The number on the belt that came with the motor doesn't translate at autozone, Orielly, Napa, Pep boys, Bearing belt and chain, or granger.

The belt is 5m-575-15.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Wow, sounds like ya really looked.

Perhaps taking it to one of the places you mentioned and trying to match it up?

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
If you are in Tucson just take it to Bearing belt and chain they should be able to measure it up for you and get you a belt.

Or you could try American Outdoor Power on Stone and Blackridge.

xlander

Dec 12, 2014
az
Yes I know they are available online . I'm looking for local pick up and buy retail. In Phoenix. Something that can be picked up as needed not waiting for a shipper to take 2 days 2 ship and delivery taking another week to month.

In my case it snapped and I had an appointment 30 miles away the next day. So I need a timing belt cross
Reference. For emergency purposes. Bit late now.

I already took it around to those places. Underpaid employees tend to be lazy. If they can't solve it in 2 minutes or less they don't bother looking at all. God forbid they give me the supply book to look up myself.

brown

Feb 1, 2013
Bloomington IL
I have 2 of the 7g kits that I will be building soon. You convinced me to order a couple of spare belts today so when they are done I will have spares.

silvaire

Jan 25, 2009
North of the Golden Gate
I don't have a 7g set up myself, but I have wondered how well the belts on these have held up. The belt is a rather small 15mm wide HTD M5 belt, and because of the considerable difference in sizes and close distance between the pulleys, only a few teeth of the belt are in constant contact with the motor pulley.

So, how well do the belts on these hold up - both in total miles, as well as when they're pushed hard? Do they break outright, or do they strip the teeth off the belt?

The reason I ask is that I am working on an ultra light 25cc drive, and for clearance reasons I am thinking of trying to get away with using a 9mm wide HTD5 belt. The planned motor pulley would be about 17 teeth.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
The belt is 5m-575-15.
I have one in my hand my part# HTD575-5M.
I also have a Grubee 4G with the same 20T/100T belt and part #5M57.

Maybe one of them will match better.
I haven't had any breaking issues with them, the trick is not get the belt too tight.

The 7G's primary is the clutch bell riding on a busing on the shaft not a bearing in the case, get it too tight and that bushing will stress and maybe even wobble, best check your before you order a belt and see if you need that too.

I'm in Sunnyslope and will be getting some of those belts when my new production run parts for the 10G KCK Long Shaft parts from Don get here.

In short the 10G jackshafts itself to the right hand pedal side to be tied into the pedal system with the Sick Bike Parts bottom bracket freewheel system.

I am still developing an all new motor base that will completely eliminate any motor or base moving once in, and no manual chain adjustments but that's easy, like a direct there this is one more chain, but it is short and perfectly aligned down to the pedals ;-}

Anyway that is pessimistically weeks away, and before you ask, no, it is not a bolt on replacement for the 7G which has a long shaft HS 142 engine to accommodate the clutch bell Primary on the engine shaft and no clutch on it.

This is for the other HS 142 engine with the clutch attached and short shaft as the 10G's clutch bell and Primary are part of the transfer case riding on bearings.

Just FYI, hope it helps fellow Zonie ;-}

radaracer285

Oct 13, 2014
michigan
There are many flavors for this belt (ie length) but the 7G is a 115 tooth'd belt that fits on a 100 tooth and 20 tooth sprocket. The cheapest belt I have found is on ebay with free shipping (takes 2-3 weeks from China)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-HTD-575...739?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4180a1dceb

Model: 575-15-5m
Length: 575mm
Width: 15mm
Pitch: 5mm

Belt has 115 teeth

I know it says electric scooter but I got this belt 2 months ago and it fits/works perfectly.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Wouldn't it be nice is you could buy a roll, or even a length of T-belt, size it, and bond it together?
A sort of Master Link for T-belt.

xlander

Dec 12, 2014
az
The belt holds up fine. I wanted to try tweaking the clutch mechanism, based on another post here. That post suggested adding a washer to the springs to get rid of the idle clutch drag. In the process of trying to the belt off it tore. So yes an extra is probably a good thing.

Side note. While doing this I inspected the porous oilite bushing. Mine was in great condition. I'm at 1000+ miles btw.

If you look at my tip post you will see my suggestion for how to deal with the bushing preinstall.