79cc vibration

GoldenMotor.com

donb4103

Oct 7, 2011
Chickasha,Oklahoma
I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I am building a 79cc bike. I`m using a Micargi GTS frame. Got it running and when ever you take off it shudders and vibrates like crazy until you get it up to a certain speed. It runs awesome after you get it going. But low speeds and takeoffs are really bad.

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
It is definitely the clutch. The engagement is somewhere around 1800-2000 rpm for most of the ⅝" clutches.

Torque converter will smooth out your ride, but may decrease top end by a couple mph.

I have no pedals on my 79 build and I've found that feathering the throttle up slowly will ease some of the shuddering.

I built a 79cc on a Macargi Huntington beach cruiser and it did the same thing. To remedy this I put a spring loaded chain tensioner on the drive chain and a fixed tensioner on the transmission primary chain. It now starts off from a standing stop with no problem. It wasn't the clutch in my case. My trusty Stromberg Carlson clipper speedometer says it will do 43 MPH flat out with a 44tooth rear sprocket. The 79cc four stroke will never be as smooth as a 2-stoke because it is firing to far below TDC at low RPM's. Mine smooths out at about 20 MPH.