$76 chainsaw

GoldenMotor.com

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I’ve been seeing a lot of the Chinese chainsaws on eBay so I did some YouTube searches and found several videos, after watching a few I decided to do a test myself. The saw I ordered is listed as a 62cc 20” bar that looks to be a STIHL copy. I searched every saw in the 62cc size and bought the lowest price one I could find, more info to come.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
The saw came in Saturday while we were out of town, I opened it last night and guess what? It’s not a 62cc engine it’s a 52cc, you can see it on the cylinder casting near the base. I kinda figured the saw would be no different than the bike engine that’s why I ordered the lowest cost saw listed. I’ll get it assembled and see how it runs when it stops raining here.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Parts for this saw are low priced on eBay, a carb is less than $10, at that price why rebuild it. A coil is $6-$8. I have learned that the sellers use the Chinese displacement game on saws like they do on bike engines, from what I've found on the net they may advertise a saw as a 58cc, 62cc or 75cc but all are 52cc. I removed the muffler and used a zip tie through the port and raised the piston to mark the back of it, mine is a 52cc.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Kind of funny, but jacked up my house in 1984. Had a basement dug, block work done. New kitchen entry built by me, so first year barrel stove. Next year built a wood furnace, had 18 heat tubes in the top that hooked to duck work. Used it for a couple years, then not UL approved, so took it out. Had a gas unit put in and a fireplace installed in living room.

Me and my great grand daughter.
Like your stove, they are one of my fave-rat styles. Can you cook on it, maybe don't get hot enough? Had a small french made brick lined one at the lake cabin. ........Curt

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
When I built our house the local West's building material moved to a new location just after I got it dried in, they marked the heater down probably 1/3 off. I bought it and we had to move it around inside the house while I worked. I built the hearth and chimney to the specs of that heater, then in 08 had to change it. I did everything on the house, thinking back I should have hired out more, I even built the chimney. Back then you could build your own house here, now you have to hire a contractor. I bought all the permits myself, local contractors probably had something to do with it.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
The soapstone heater doesn't get as hot as a plate steel heater does but retains heat longer, we can cook on the spot where the pot in the picture is sitting, that's a steel flue conversation cover, the heater can be vented from the back or the top.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
The guys that built my fireplace owed me labor, for helping them a few years before, so just had to pay for materials, i should of tore the old house down. As ended up rebuilding all the walls , and roofs. The old live and learn...........Curt

Reactions: indian22