66cc 2-stroke legality in CA

GoldenMotor.com

waynesdata

Jul 10, 2017
It’s illegal. Bikes must also have lights, brake light, turn signals, horn mirror etc. But if you don’t drive or act like an ******* you’ll be fine for the most part. Don’t discuss the law with police. Save it for the 2min conversation with your public defender on your day in court.

Also, it’s $25 for 2019. It was $20 in 2014 and it goes up by a dollar every year.
I was surprised they did not have brake light, turn signals, horn etc. My last build had that stuff for safety. Even had bike reflectors on my back pack. It only takes one POS driver. Going with better safety equipment and building a small battery to power them. Thinking two or three 12v series wired in parallel. Looking at your bike design for ideas. Hope you do not mind.

Last edited:

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
I was surprised they did not have brake light, turn signals, horn etc. My last build had that stuff for safety. Even had bike reflectors on my back pack. It only takes one POS driver. Going with better safety equipment and building a small battery to power them. Thinking two or three 12v series wired in parallel. Looking at your bike design for ideas. Hope you do not mind.
Yea it doesn’t take much. You are a much smarter builder than I. I just accept that I’m invisible and act/build accordingly. On my pedal bike I run a 3s 5000mah turnigy lipo (55Wh) The lights pull about 10w total. They aren’t super bright. I think I charged it maybe once in the first half of 2019. Don’t ride that thing often so it could be enough, or maybe not.

Cops have told me to run a brake light, when I just had lights on/off. Brake light and hand signals might be enough.

Let me know if you need any help.

Mine28

Dec 18, 2019
It’s illegal. Bikes must also have lights, brake light, turn signals, horn mirror etc. But if you don’t drive or act like an ******* you’ll be fine for the most part. Don’t discuss the law with police. Save it for the 2min conversation with your public defender on your day in court.

Also, it’s $25 for 2019. It was $20 in 2014 and it goes up by a dollar every year.
Ur stupid it's called hand signal

xXNightRiderXx

Jan 12, 2017
Boise
Ur stupid it's called hand signal
Dude, 37, been pulled over more than once for DUI, AND calling someone with the smarts to NOT drive drunk stupid...

You must be a special kind of drunk. Alcohol and heavy machinery kills man, and it's people like YOU who make the roads such a dangerous place. If you ride a bicycle drunk, I hope you get pulled over again and get cuffed. We don't need people doing that when we also have people not even paying attention to what they're doing on the roads.

Mine28

Dec 18, 2019
Dude, 37, been pulled over more than once for DUI, AND calling someone with the smarts to NOT drive drunk stupid...

You must be a special kind of drunk. Alcohol and heavy machinery kills man, and it's people like YOU who make the roads such a dangerous place. If you ride a bicycle drunk, I hope you get pulled over again and get cuffed. We don't need people doing that when we also have people not even paying attention to what they're doing on the roads.
Who said anything about riding drunk