4 stroke wcc

GoldenMotor.com

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX
Well decided to get going on my new build - starting with epic wcc bike i picked up for super cheap sitting in someones yard sprayed hillbilly chrome XD and want to wedge a 4 stroke in there..... looking to you guys here at the forum for a little direction

Obviously this isnt gonna be a kit build since i have never even seen a kit for these. So looking like imma be finding someone with a welder i can borrow to fab some sort of mounts. Id also really like to keep the pedals but not sure if it will be possible with the combo im looking for and from what i could already find here on forum these things they are ridiculous challenge....

Seat was demolished so i started by redoing it with fresh leather and getting bike pedal worthy

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I think a laydown four stroke would fit in the frame with minimum mods. If you scrounge, these engines are easily available from 50cc up to 125cc versions with three and four speed auto or manual gearboxes.
If you're buying new, there is even a version with crank and pedals built right into the engine.
I used a regular Chinese kit ragjoint to mount the sprocket using two rubbers to space the gear out for tire/chain clearance. It works quite well, but the brake arm needs major rework and is a pain to get right. I'd strongly suggest a sprocket adapter.

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX
Thanks for the input man - i think this is probably the way im going to go... alot of people have recomended these type engines. They do scare me a bit though as i have no experience with these type engines/gear boxes and i really dont even know where to start and what to look for

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
I have built two of this type, a 125cc and a 49cc. If you are using a stretch type frame its probably not a big deal. Using a normal bike frame( an MTB is easiest) requires a 5" stretch. I was able to keep the bikes pedals on the last build. These are great engines even the 49cc has plenty of power, 125cc is awesome! Go for it!

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX
I am unable to post pictures of my hillbilly chrome beast but its the jesse james wcc chopper bike - frame looks like it has plenty of room for a lifan type engine and im looking at pitbikes for sale on craigslist to scavange drive train from - if a 50cc would be enough power (im 6 ft 225lbs) id be happy with that... i have a honda shadow if i wanna ride a motorcycle XD. I am looking to build a mini version that i can cruise the neighborhood with and enter in future car shows. Especially since i had so much intrest last year

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
If it's geared right, a 50cc can easily reach 40-50 mph. Especially the versions with gearboxes.
I agree, the Jesse James has plenty of room. I considered stuffing my ATC110 motor in mine, but sanity prevailed.

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX
Ill probably be running a 44t rear sprocket with no jackshaft cuz i already have those parts XD. ... that being said i still need a throttle, engine, carb,exhaust, and any other misc parts.... dont really know what ill need besides those things as im not sure what all i need in the first place to make one of these work

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
I think a 44t will be way to big especially with the smaller wheels. I ran one of the Sportsman sprocket adapters with the smallest sprocket Pat offered. I still had to go to as I remember to a 16t front sprocket to get the speed where I wanted it-60+. This was with the 125cc on 24" wheels. I still have the 49cc bike its on 26" wheels and the rear sprocket is 39T. The trans was converted to a single speed to be legal using the top gear. This bike has plenty of power to climb hills and tops at 35mph unless you really want to twist it to 9k when it hit the low 40s. This bike is jackshafted to get the drive around the pedals. Heres a pic notice the small sprocket. I know this is not the type bike you are building but maybe there is some helpful info here. http://motorbicycling.com/showpost.php?p=403110&postcount=102

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX
Im thinking i wanna keep the top speed around 40mph - thats plenty for cruising the neighborhood and not a ton of hills where i live so super tourque wont be necessary XD i also would like to avoid a jackshaft at all costs as that means more welding and i am not a great welder or grinder XD already going to have to fab mounts and for me will be a huge challenge just to get engine level and chain alignd properly..... noone local to really help me out so wish me luck hahahahahahaha

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Im thinking i wanna keep the top speed around 40mph - thats plenty for cruising the neighborhood and not a ton of hills where i live so super torque wont be necessary
3+" x 24" back wheel correct?

Getting a sprocket on the back wheel wide enough to clear the tire to a 4-stroke to the outdrive sprocket lined up is really going to be a challenge.
In short you will need a left side pedal crank arm wide enough to feel like you are riding a bull with the leg spread but it can be done, just start with a back sprocket you can move laterally and the base your mount to fit the output sprocket.

This $250 4-stroke kit will give ya most of what you will need except a back sprocket mount.
http://www.gasbike.net/bike-motor-kit-grubee-2011-skyhawk-4-g-t-belt-v.htm

What a jackshaft does is use your existing pedal system and cost wise not a whole lot difference in cost.

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX
Back wheel on these are 20" with a 3" wide tire on what looks like a normal 20" rim. Meaning the rim is tiny witdth wise and has a coaster brake. Ill be needing another one with beefy spokes which i can probably score from the local bike shop here for almost nothing..... idealy id like to fine a worksman type rear wheel and another 26" front wheel with the same drum brake setup i had on my tour de hood.... i wish i could upload pics to show you what i mean. Till then im describing it as best as i can XD
And thanks for all the great input

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX
Well just got done chatting with guy who bought my old bike the tour de hood.... seems he doent want it anymore and has agreed to let me get it back \m/ kinda got mixed feelings XD bike is in shambles as he dogged the shhhhhhh out of it then broke it and took it apart. It has been sitting in the weather with top end off for at least 4 months that i know of.

Good news is i have a fresh 2 stroke bottom end stashed away and can probably put it back together.... but thats not the plan XD - im probably gonna scavange all the parts i can for new build such as worksman front wheel with drum brake, hd throttle, hub adapter and sprocket.

I have had thoughts of using the 2 stroke engine but am hesitant b/c i dont think it will have power i need to push me around on a 20" rear wheel then again motor was a beast plus has expansion chamer voodoo exhast puch head and rt carb.............