4 stroke engines

GoldenMotor.com

Fuzzy79

Jan 28, 2012
socal
So I live in cali and I was wondering if the 49cc engines would be able to push me around my city at a decent clip. I am no small guy I am 6'4" and over 250lbs. I would like ro cruise at around 35mph. Can it be done without breaking the bank

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Greetings! I'm in Cali as well, just under 6'4" and 235, I have a 49cc Huasheng. It has adequate power for me, but I typically cruise 20-29. My bike's top speed on the flats is 34-36MPH, it wouldn't be able to hold that speed with any headwind tho. It's not so much the weight as it is the aerodynamics that hold me back.

A GXH50 and a Q-matic might get you a cruising speed of 35, but again, probably not with any headwind. You'll either have to drop your expectations to a 30MPH cruise or use a more powerful engine, like a Predator 99cc.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
The 99cc Predator would be the ticket for your target cruising as TheAleman has suggested, providing you can get one from outta state. You can just about do it with a 49cc, but only if ya do break the bank, at least a little bit.

dnut

Fuzzy79

Jan 28, 2012
socal
Yeah I would like to run bigger, cause bigger is always better, but having to get my m1 or m2 id somethimg I dont really want to do right now so 49cc is wherr I am at. But even 20-26 would still be scary enough as it is. Now I was reading in another thread, could either of those motors run a shifter kit, or any engine out there?

Fuzzy79

Jan 28, 2012
socal
So do the shift kits work like multi speed shifts on bikes, or like a dirt bike/quad, or even a suicide shifter

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Well, the shift kits route the gearbox output through the bicycle's gears, so you shift it much the same as you would normally on a bicycle.
Let off on power, shift, get back on power - like a semi-auto. You can "power-shift" if you want, but it's not very good for components.

My SBP kit drives my 3-speed internal hub, and I'm very happy with how it works. It can take full-throttle shifts, but I don't do it anymore.

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
#98 Nashmoto's 50cc 4 stroke running a modified shift kit won the
50 cc 4 stroke race last Oct 22nd at Grange.
Also he came in 5th out of all the 66 cc Chinese kit bikes as
the 2 classes were run together.

Nashmoto is shifting through a NuVinci hub.

PS: He won a 4 Stroke shift kit from Sick Bike Parts as the first place prize
and the winner of the 2 stroke class got a shift kit too.

Last edited:

Fuzzy79

Jan 28, 2012
socal
So that wouldnt bother me cause I wanted to switch to atleast a 3 speed rear anyways, and switch from the coaster brake to disks fromt and rear.

Fuzzy79

Jan 28, 2012
socal
So I have been looking into the honda gxh50, and huasheng 50 kits bit cant find kits in stock for less then $500, does anybody make kits for less?

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
The price tag of $500 is average. I highly recommend spending a little more and getting the EZM kit if you want to go the 49cc Huasheng rout. Just judging by what you expect out of it though you would be better off with the 99cc Predator though (or larger). They can run an EZM system with a little bit of easy modding. If overall width is not an issue for you, go with an AGK CVT system. For the record, I am building a 49cc Huasheng/ EZM kit right now. Legality was my final point on deciding.

Yeah I would like to run bigger, cause bigger is always better, but having to get my m1 or m2 id somethimg I dont really want to do right now so 49cc is wherr I am at. But even 20-26 would still be scary enough as it is. Now I was reading in another thread, could either of those motors run a shifter kit, or any engine out there?
As for needing an M1 or M2 endorsement on your license for legalities, you will need one of those no matter what size gasoline engine you choose to run, 2 stroke, 4 stroke or whatever. Electric is the mode of power that lets you skirt around that requirement.
I recommend going for the M1. It is just as much work to get as an M2 but it allows you to ride any MB, scooter, moped or motorcycle of any displacement.

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
If overall width is not an issue for you, go with an AGK CVT system.
AGK does NOT sell a cvt system for the 99cc pred motor they sell centrifical jackshaft kit that uses a chain

Jackshaft Assembly for 79cc HF & 99cc Predator

CVT on a motorized bicycle

pic shamelessly borrowed from Scotto

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
to bad the 99cc is 5/8 shaft NOT 3/4 shaft like the cvt AGK sells
only driven clutch that was 5/8s shaft was comet 316 series and it is no longer made

so AGAIN the jackshaft kit is the only thing that AGK sells that is made for the hf 99cc pred motor