2011 CNS V2 Carb Bogging

GoldenMotor.com

mxchris727

Aug 10, 2009
Wilton, CT
So I've received the new NT carb in the mail but I need to change the length of the end of the throttle cable. Does anyone know what the length of the cable is from the metal stopper to the very tip of the cable when the other end is fully retracted?
If you don't understand, I've posted a picture

Thanks,
Chris

Attachments

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I just slapped a NGK BP6HS in a new SkyHawk 80 with a v2 carb and the motor loved it. The stock plug was crap in a back to back comparison.

mxchris727

Aug 10, 2009
Wilton, CT
So I tried re-jetting the carb down each step to a #67 jet but that did not improve anything...
What did fix eveything was the new NT speed carb that I bought from Boygofast for $15.
The motor is running perfectly and there is almost double the power than before!!!

I say that the best way to fix/tune a CNS carb is not use it :)

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
So I tried re-jetting the carb down each step to a #67 jet but that did not improve anything...
What did fix eveything was the new NT speed carb that I bought from Boygofast for $15.
The motor is running perfectly and there is almost double the power than before!!!

I say that the best way to fix/tune a CNS carb is not use it :)
You didn't go far enough before you gave up you should have kept going to a #66, or #65. I'm trying a #64 now, and it's pretty good compared to a #67

The needle needs to be in the richest position too. Also blow off the Chinese sprak plug and use a NGK BP6HS

I am glad to know that you can just slap a NT on and it runs good. I've already spent more in drill bits than a new carb costs.

driftology

Jun 22, 2010
campbell, ca
I'm hating this carb. if I run it in a lean needle position the engine runs great. but I don't want to cook the motor. if I run just one clip richer then the bogging come back. I don't know what to do. I have a super rat by the way.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Have you done a plug check? You may o/k or not as lean as you think. Go to the classic threads and you can find pics. of what your plug should look like.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Yea its all stock.
Then I can understand why your plug is so white.

The stock jet is equal to about a #71 drill bit. I'm working on a stock SkyHawk 80 and had to drill the jet out to a #64. It wouldn't take hardly any throttle from stock till I got it out to about a #67.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Oh man I wish I knew what you were talking about lol.
It's not that complicated. Basically you're running too lean (not enough gas). It seems like all the motors that come with the CNS carb are jetted too lean from the factory.

With machinist drill bits, the smaller the number on the drill bit, the bigger the bit. With these drill bits you can enlarge the jet to make it run richer.

driftology

Jun 22, 2010
campbell, ca
Is there a way to run rich in the bottom and middle and run lean at wot? as I am set right now. I bog at the top end of things because of too much fuel. but the plug looks great.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
If your engine is bogging at wot what air cleaner are you running? If the air cleaner can not flow enough air volume it will draw more fuel thus the bogg, you may want to try a SBP k/n style air filter. With this filter properly oiled you will have a cleaner air flow. These engines rur best at 14 to 15 to 1 air to fuel ratio so good air flow is important.

Last edited: