20 inch bicycle build

GoldenMotor.com

Larry Trotter

Nov 26, 2017
Engine mods.
cut down the rear mount space as thin as I can. And reshaped the front mount to fit the front tube angle to get the motor as low as it can go. Also had to shorten the muffler because it would have been lower than the pedal sprocket and I didn’t want it snagging on anything.

Attachments

Larry Trotter

Nov 26, 2017
This bike came with front and rear rim brakes as coaster brakes and I managed to keep all three operating. Guess you can’t have too many ways to stop. I have a double pull lever for it.

Reactions: fasteddy

Larry Trotter

Nov 26, 2017
Put a bead of ShoeGoo on the top bar and on the center of the bottom of the tank and centered it up on the frame. A string between the seat post and swearing post makes it easy to get exactly centered and vertical. Just hand tighten the tank bolts to hold it in place for an hour or two until the shoegoo sets. Never tighten the bolts too much or you can crack the tank around the welds.

Attachments

Larry Trotter

Nov 26, 2017
The biggest problem was the frame modification. The engine mods are really minor. I do have to cut about 1/4 inch off the clutch arm because it hits the seat tube and I cut the little tube things off the air filter also to clear the rear tube.

Reactions: fasteddy

Larry Trotter

Nov 26, 2017
A little more progress now. Had a slight problem with the crank engine clearance. Had to put a little S bend in each side but now have a comfortable 1/2 inch on each side. I will get some better pictures when it stops raining.

Attachments