20$ 80cc china girl from ebay too good to be true??? wish me luck!!!!

GoldenMotor.com

Olly-X-Enfree

Jul 6, 2019
Hi there, I'm completely new to the motorized bicycle game, I live in Nova Scotia , CA. I've been looking at motorized bicycles with my jaw on the floor drooling for about the past 4 years, I've just not had the means to afford one, luckily I found myself on eBay with a little bit of money in the bank (and I mean little bit) and to my joy there was a few sellers with too good to be true type pricing, 19$-35$ CAN. And I know I a lot of you already think I have gotten taken for a fool, and to be honest I'm still not sure I haven't myself, but I went ahead and bought 2 kits, both from different sellers to raise the odds a bit hoping at least one of them is the real thing, and wouldn't you know in less than a week both sellers were terminated from eBay, and so I went ahead and made a claim for a refund and immediately was refunded for one, but was denied for the other, turns out between the time I filed the claim and the time it took eBay to investigate the seller had shipped and the tracking stated it had left china for Canada, I was expecting to be waiting at least a month seeing as the estimated date of delivery was July 27th - Sept. 3rd but no later than 3 days after it left china it arrived to Canada and cleared customs and was with Canada post within a few hours. So its now Saturday and Canada post is showing that it is set to be delivered for Wednesday!!! I know its silly to get my hopes up, like they say, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is! But I'm hoping that maybe some of the god karma I've tried to spread is coming back my way, there's nothing to entice the seller to be honest seeing as he's no longer a registers seller and he must have done something to get booted off, but it was shipped before he was kicked off so maybe its for something unrelated, he had no bad feedback at the time of my order and his listing was copy and pasted from another sellers page so maybe it was as simple as copyright violations, who knows , but I'm praying everyday that this is the beginning of a longtime hobby as a motorbicyclist and builder!! Wish me luck!!!!

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Welcome to the forum, I too have seen those posts on eBay. Maybe you’ll get what you paid for, with the eBay refund policy you’ll at least get your money back if you get a box of rocks. Another member here as well as myself have also ordered the “too good to be true kit”.

Olly-X-Enfree

Jul 6, 2019
Thank you, have you received the kit you ordered? And you're right, I figured with eBay and PayPal both offering buyer protection the worst that it'll cost is the amount of time the moneys tied up , and at 20$ it's as good a gamble as any, I took the refund from the second attempt and put it towards another, and so far the seller is saying its shipped also but no tracking, so maybe things'll work out and ill at least end up with 1 kit when its all said and done, ill definitely be updating Wednesday to post how it goes.

Leaf

Jul 16, 2019
i just bought one of these for 13$ usd comes in about a month going to install it on a roadmaster granite peak mountain bike, if it doesnt show up or its total garbage it was only 13$ so not too much of a loss and maybe ill get it back who knows lol, hope you guys get yours would love to see updates

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
My purpose for ordering the engine kit was to get eBay to watch what’s posted for sale, I knew from the start that they are a scam. If eBay has to refund everyone they will probably watch more closely. I hate it for the people who actually think they are getting a engine kit for such a low price.

Reactions: MotorBicycleRacing

Degoragon

Apr 7, 2019
So, did your kit ever come in? If it hasn't come in by now, its a scam. Most likely one anyways. I have been watching sellers with these "too cheap" kits, and most all of them initially had a good standing, then it went down to (-4) in the next month, and they left. From what I have read, the scammers hijack inactive accounts, then use them to set up their scams.

Olly-X-Enfree

Jul 6, 2019
No, never came in, stopped hoping weeks ago, last estimated delivery date is Monday, so ill get my money back then, of the 3 I tried to buy from, 2 of the sellers were terminated within a few days of the Oder so I got the money back , but the third seller is still active, but all of his items are no longer posted and he's gotten a lot of feed back since saying he's a scam seller, so I don't understand why they haven't terminated him yet. I'm just going to buy one of the grubee Skyhawk kits that ship free from Hamilton for 229$ and deal with being short on cash for a month, at least I know it will be good quality and a good warranty.

Apache Bronco

Jul 19, 2019
I stopped buying from eBay when $300 was taken from my checking account. My bank made me aware of it right away and I disputed the charge. I got my $300, and started buying from Amazon with Prime. Yes, I pay more, but it is safer. I bought my engine kit from a dealer, not an unknown. Also, use a gift card or PayPal, and do not keep any extra money on them. It is a pain to re-load them days before you can order, but you won't get burned.

Reactions: Mark Murphy

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I still shop both, I have a couple of eBay vendors that I've used for years. Amazon is getting a lot more competitive, I ordered a pipe today, was about $15 lower than on eBay.

Reactions: Mark Murphy

Jimmy Bloodmaker

Nov 24, 2018
midwest
i would love a $20 kit, lol. if nothing else, PARTS, YAY!!! cheapest kit i ever bought is still running. 80 bucks, i think the seller made a mistake. the next hour, when i went to buy 5 more, lol, they were $150. lol. one time kings moto was selling on amazon these motocross poo poo pipes. 9 bucks each. i was like, wa!! so i bought one, then got two more. then was like **** i need 10 of those. i went to buy ten more, but they fixed the price, was 59 bucks, not 9 bucks. lol. all the ones i ordered came in and i was only charged 30 bucks.

by the way, because kings shipped them, no qualms, i still purchase from them. felt like a get me to buy more scam, and it worked. lol