another 99 cc Predator build :)

GoldenMotor.com

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
I got an engine. All this talk about the 99cc Got me convinced to buy one. It's going in my blue bike. it has a 49cc Hua Sheng in it now.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Looks good. I'll do it if I can fit the engine into my Panther. How much difference do you notice in riding it? I'm most interested in hill climbing capability. I'm already running a 64 tooth rear sprocket. It should make a big difference and pretty well negate the need for a two speed transmission I would think. We need to find a source for a 49cc sticker.
SB

tn97kouki

Sep 17, 2011
tn
I bought a couple of 49cc stickers from Cannonball . I bought them a few weeks back so he may have some left .
I recently installed a 99 cc predator on my jaguar replacing the 49cc HS . The difference in climbing hills is huge . I am using a Silent drive tranny instead of the Q-Matic and I love it . I removed the governor , drilled out the main jet ,and I am using the flex exhaust from Quenton with a custom manifold that I built . I am using a 2.5 " primary pulley , a 6" driven pulley , a 12 tooth output sprocket and a 50 tooth sprocket on the rear . My ratio is 10.37 and it pulls me great all the way up over 45MPH. I weigh 200 lbs and I am very satisfied with my set up .

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Seems to fit in there nice. I bought a preadator a month or so ago,. I'll have to take a look at it, not sure 79 or 99cc.

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
It looks like the Preddys are permantly marked with something that looks suspicuosly like a size, just don't say cc's. I could see a cop assuming that it is the cyl measurement.
If it's a 99cc, you will see the quite bold number *R100* on the block near the oil fill plug.
Sorry about the sideways pic.

IMAG0159.jpg

Last edited:

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Sand the high points, wipe in a application of JB weld with a razor blade. When cured sand lightly and hit it with a shot of cast aluminum engine enamel. It totally disappears.

userix

Jan 29, 2011
LA
Very nice build. I am considering upgrading from the anemic 49cc HS. I can barely go uphill with it and I only weigh 160 lb. Have a few questions for doing a predator build:

Can I get everything I need from AGK website?

Here is what I think I need to do a complete build (all from AGK):
  1. Throttle Linkage Kit for 79cc/99cc Code: 2900
  2. Chain Guard / Clutch Cover Code: AGKPCG*
  3. Jackshaft Assembly for 79cc HF & 99cc Predator Code: 2600
  4. Max Torque Clutch Code: 2400
  5. Motor Plate for 79cc &99cc HF Engines Code: 2306

Does anyone know if this engine will fit a Schwinn Legacy beach cruiser?

Would I need a separate exhaust, or can I use the stock one that comes with the engine?

How's the accleration with a 44 tooth rear drive wheel sprocket with whatever ratio that the jack shaft assembly has?

Would I also need the output shaft bolt kit that is found under the 79cc predator section?

Is there a killswitch built in to the engine?

If I order a predator 99cc engine from Harbor freight online and use a CA shipping address, will they cancel my order? Is there any other way to get a 99cc engine if I don't know anyone that lives out of state to ship it to?

Last edited:

navifty

Oct 22, 2011
world
Hey jbcruisin, off-topic newbie questions: what headlight do you have on there, and how is it powered? Also, where can I get a gas tank like that?

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Headlight I got on Ebay. The gas tank is off a Whizzer. I have no charging system. I have a battery on it that I charge every few days.