Paradox's motorbike!

GoldenMotor.com

ParadoX999

Apr 27, 2010
San Francisco
I finished this bike a while ago, but have been very lazy in posting about it. I make a quick write up on my website. I tried to make something different and along with my style. I got plenty of tips and info from these forums. Thanks!

The Tentacle Paradox

Last edited:

retromike3

Jan 9, 2009
Beaverton OR
looks good! I was wondering if you can extend your leg all the way when you pedal? I have seen a lot of these bikes that have a seat post that is modified so that it goes back a few inches instead of upwards. I am thinking it makes your body position more upright but lower.(like my old recumbent.)

mike

ParadoX999

Apr 27, 2010
San Francisco
Thanks...

Even with the seat back at this length, my knee is very slightly bent still. Theres no real reason to be able to fully extend it though as long as you can sit comfortably on it. with gearing and enough power, I never really pedal. The bike can start from stop without pedaling, but a couple pedals will help prolong your clutch life.

retromike3

Jan 9, 2009
Beaverton OR
I set my motorbicycle with a modified mountain bike frame, so it has a long seat post. I set it up so that your body position is like your are half way down on the drops of a road bike. I guess I got really used to that set up so I kept with that stile.

retromike3

Jan 9, 2009
Beaverton OR
I do wind up pedaling my mike more than I used to. If I ride in Portland and I am going over the bridges in the bike lane I kill the motor and pedal or if I am going along the bike path and I see some folks with dogs I start pedaling. With the tuned pipe I don't need to pedal much, But since I cracked a rib or two last Saturday If I did not have my Motor bike I would be house bound..

mike

Stoney

Jan 23, 2009
santa barbara
Wow! Nice work. It's amazing... - the detail. When I was on your site the more you look at it the more you appreciate it. A true work of art.... With the functionality to match. I imagine Salvador Dali cruising on your bike. shft.

ParadoX999

Apr 27, 2010
San Francisco
Thanks for the kind words! Yes, it was a moped tank thats been pretty modified. I still want to design an insignia that I will hopefully be able to make into a brass emblem to add of the wood panels.

ParadoX999

Apr 27, 2010
San Francisco
Theres still a few things Id like to add, but I got distracted with other projects. For example, Id love to make a suicide shift. Not for shifting, because that would be pure uh..suicide =) I want the shifter to be used as the choke.

ParadoX999

Apr 27, 2010
San Francisco
People would argue that micargi's frames arent good enough for a motorbike, but I would beg to differ. This is a micargi cheetah. I chose this for the rear suspension. I ride this bike hard and put many miles on it and have not had any issues whatsoever.

Full suspension makes for a super smooth ride!

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
People would argue that micargi's frames arent good enough for a motorbike, but I would beg to differ. This is a micargi cheetah. I chose this for the rear suspension. I ride this bike hard and put many miles on it and have not had any issues whatsoever.

Full suspension makes for a super smooth ride!
My first MB was built on a Micargi Huntington platform. I was dubious about certain other components, but the frame rang true. It was one LOOOONNNG solid steel beast. It made for a heavier bike, harder to get going I think, but solid enough.

If you haven't had any trouble with the chain skipping off, even with the rear suspension as it changes its geometry, then I'd like to see pics of the chain tensioner and rear drive setup. You must be doing something right. Kudos!

EDIT: Oh, I see now in the original pics, you have a shift kit. You dawg! This bike rocks!

Last edited:

ParadoX999

Apr 27, 2010
San Francisco
Yes, I have a shift kit on this build. However, the pivot point of the swingarm on this bike is in front of the crank axle, which means that the rear suspension does affect the tension of the chain that connects the jackshaft(shift kit) to the main chain ring. I do not use a tensioner, but keep this chain tight. I do not have any issues with it at all.

I did have the bike for a couple months without th shift kit. In this configuration, the rear suspension affects the tension of the main drive chain. I used the stock tensioner and didnt have any problems, but I didnt ride it enough to be able to say with certainty that that is reliable. Im making another bike now with this frame, which will not have a shift kit, so Ill chime back in here and let people know if they are interested in how that turns out.

whisker chasin

Feb 23, 2011
Hernando,MS
long time lurker here, but i'll come out the cave for this one.

I LOVE IT! great job on the build.

Is that leather on those fenders? Where did you get them or did you make them yourself?