High Performance Wally World Cruiser?

GoldenMotor.com

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Bummer dude. I stopped riding happy time motors because I was afraid of the motor crapping and hurting me. Now you get hurt because your buddies crappy time motor crapped out.

That's crappy by proxy. Geeze. Thanks for the warning, I'll stay far away from anyone riding a china girl from now on - :)
Can't really blame the bikes! Gotta blame my panic brake!

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Yeah, the bike is replaceable, But it don't heal for free. I'd almost rather take the brunt of it and hope the bike is OK. I can lay around for a while and heal. My bike don't heal unless I put money into her That I usually cant afford. Sorry yer arm got buggered up. I learned a long, long time ago not to follow close at any time, Driving a car OR a bike. If someone pulls in front of me and its too close, I fall back some. I gotta have LOTS of room to stop. I hate chewing the seat with my arse trying to stop before I hit the guys rear bumper.
fatdaddy.usflg
Bike only suffered a boogered handle luckily!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Buddy stalled in front of me and I slammed the disc brake too hard. Went over the handle bars, not in the best shape now. Can't even use left arm cause of swelling. Really best case scenario for the crash, just gotta learn to take it if you can't do anything else. Bike isn't damaged except a boogered throttle handle. Really happy I didn't break anything on myself. Bike is replaceable I'm not.
Dang it bro. sorry to hear about the unfortunate crash, hope you heal quickly and pain is minimal.

Map

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Dang it bro. sorry to hear about the unfortunate crash, hope you heal quickly and pain is minimal.

Map
All good. Was riding the next day again. Arm just swoll up a bit and got a bit sore! Thought my wrist was going to the problem, but that wasn't the case! Got a gnarly bruise too!

On the topic of the bike the next day the chain broke at a decent speed. Wound up in the wheel. Maybe I just need to retire! Nah, the chain had built up some rust from the humidity of the garage it's stored in and I greased it up pretty good, but it must had binded up somewhere. Picked up 8 pieces from the road so hard to tell what happened. Ordered a nickel plated heavy duty chain to prevent future problems with corrosion and breakage. Need to make sure to not kill myself!

Been thinking about getting a larger sprocket for the back as I just need to be able to keep up with friends not pass them. That's when these problems seem to happen.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Stripped out an exhaust stud so I am going back to 32mm intake spacing because I have a couple jugs already so I may as well use them. Probably why the exhaust was a hair louder! And I hope that's the reason why my buddy barely beat me in a couple races ha. Shouldn't had sold him some performance parts, but I have been cutting down on my inventory!

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Bike got a used jug on it. Went to a meet up and trucked along a 51 mile ride. Ended up breaking a weld on the exhaust header. Also got a decent squeak coming from the clutch sprocket area. Going to just take off the engine and give it another work over and grease everything up. Probably needs a new case gasket cause I remember almost tearing it apart and kind of placing it back together. Motor runs solid and I can't complain at all!

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
well got mine running and now im ordering a red throttle set and red covers for the cables im looking at a kx80 exhaust for this beast got like 25 miles on it and she runs really good

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Nice. I can't really complain other than the squeak bothers me. This one will pull up hills like none other. Went to a meet up and really got to test out the bikes longevity and it seemed to do just fine. I think I might just get a bigger rear sprocket though than the 36T. Too fast can be well too fast.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri

Slight exhaust leak! This was about 40miles into the 51 mile ride. Glad it lasted what it did! Broken 3/4 the way around and would had been noisy if the last 1/4 broke.

Like I have said before I am no welding expert.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
I can vouch for that. You went around me on those hills like I was sitting still. That thing is a real runner!
Ha! Thanks Ray. It'll go when it wants to! Next time around I want to have a higher geared bike to ride with ya guys. I might take my custom 35 spoke wheel and slap my 44 tooth on there!

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Just thought I'd do a little update. Nothing has changed, until now! Went up to Illinois to grab the bike yesterday and took it on a short ride. Everything went fine until I was heading back when I heard a couple bangs and then the motor started to sound all loud for a second. Sounded like I broke a ring and lost compression! I was able to still keep riding it though and it had all the power in the world, just for that moment it made some funky noises! On the 3 mile trek back I kept hearing a little crack every so often. Thought a bearing was going bad. I got the bike home now in Columbia, and working on tearing it down.

As far as I can tell the motor is in perfect condition! Quite a bit of carbon build up though for some reason. When the motor was heated up I think it was knocking a little bit with the high compression it has going on. Might try going to 93 octane instead of 91 octane no ethanol. Might also try jetting up a size.

I took apart the motor and took off the crankshaft sprocket to make sure I wasn't hearing something on the clutch side and everything moves very easily and I can't hear anything. Maybe I have a wheel bearing that could have some problems. Still doesn't explain the weird noises....

Anyways here is a couple pictures of the bike and the motor being torn down. I am going to replace the rings on the piston because when tearing down I nicked them on the head studs a couple times and when I put them on they didn't have much spring to them.

Everything in pieces

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Was looking at the piston and I think the piston rings could be at fault for my issues. They were really easy to put on and really easy to get the piston in the jug. A fair amount of blow by can be seen as well as carbon build up. Yes I know there are holes in the piston.
This was V1 of lightened wherever possible piston and I am surprised at how well it's been running. This piston was in during the midwest meet up and it performed very well!

Plenty of carbon build up which makes me wonder... Running Opti-2 at about 90:1 ratio.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
I think I found my clunk. I don't know how it happened but my wood ruff key is missing from the drive gear

I think I found it though smashed on the gear itself. I have a parts motor so no big deal but I wonder how the wood ruff key slipped out and I was able to keep going.

Last edited: