High Performance Wally World Cruiser?

GoldenMotor.com

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
i have bought a few parts from Cortez motor sports and they are fantastic there better balanced than kings and are better quality the price is the same and they make them all the way down to a 30 tooth and i think there working on a 50tooth also you can find him on facebook look for Angel Cortez like i said there great they are also working on a few different heads also including a slant head like the stock ones for close fitting builds

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
I didn't want to say any names just yet because if it isn't good I don't want to give him free publicity, but I'm sure I won't have any problems and I'll fully endorse him ha!

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
With the bad bearings I believe I am going to go 24" rims. Just smaller and less rotating mass. Lower to the ground. Can't decide if I want to get the matching front rim though. It'd look silly like that, but who knows might run pretty nice.

The 34T will be a little slower with the 24" compared to the 36T with the 26" but I plan on running some beefier tires and seeing how that all pans out.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Ended up getting the 12g spokes on it too. Should be here in a week or so as well as the tire. AND I hope the hub adapter is as well with the 34T hoping to not lose any top end with the gear change due to the rim downsize, but tire size up.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Got everything in and installed, except the base gasket and I have a wristpin clip that broke off a section that needs replaced. I was able to take her out for a short spin just cause I didn't want anything to break. Almost died myself! Didn't realize that I was suppose to put some loctite on the bolts that hold the sprocket on itself. All of them came lose and then all of a sudden the whole damn thing locks up. Now I got a boogered up bolt and the others didn't actually end up running into anything. Went down to O' Reillys and bought some blue stuff and put it on there. Hoping that works out properly. WISH I knew I was suppose to do that. Maybe some instructions with the adapter would had helped, because I kind of like my body intact.

The 24" wheel with the 2.4" tire is about an inch smaller than the 26" with 1.95" tires so it shouldn't be too much of a difference with the smaller sprocket.

Last edited:

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Drive chain is tight without chain tensioner, but I came into the problem of the pedal chain being wayyyy too lose. If I take off another link it's too dang tight and doesn't fit properly so I need a half link installed.. So for the time being I am taking the chain tensioner and slapping it on the pedal side! Work's like a charm and doesn't look terrible ha!

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Alright, GOOD TO GO. Base gasket and retaining clip fixed. Had some odd gas tank noises at high rpm due to vibration and put some cut up rubber hose between the clamps and the frame and no more noise! Base gasket was leaking because it was torn, but now it'll idle great and runs great. Of course I forgot about that retaining clip problem until after I had put the base gasket on and everything back together.

Retaining clip center piece broke when I was pulling it out. It was a pain in the rear to get it out.

Sucker put up a fight.