High Performance Wally World Cruiser?

GoldenMotor.com

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
looks good Jordan, I like the way a 24" rear wheel and tire look and handle on a 26" frame bike.
Thanks Shan. And long time no see. Decided to go with the 24" rear cause of less rotating mass and it was easier to fit in the bigger tires. Does the job just fine! Can't say I didn't get the idea from one of your bikes. Also saw that scotto would run 24" rims on his competing bikes.

Scooter58

Aug 21, 2015
Planet Earth
Hi, Just a thought and I've seen this done before. Why not put the chain tensioner on the pedal chain? Like you say it's only used to get the engine started so it won't get much use.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Thanks Shan. And long time no see. Decided to go with the 24" rear cause of less rotating mass and it was easier to fit in the bigger tires. Does the job just fine! Can't say I didn't get the idea from one of your bikes. Also saw that scotto would run 24" rims on his competing bikes.
Yeah I been super busy with work anf absolutely no time at all for my bikes or much of anything else for that matter, Ive had so many plans and cant seem to get any of them done, but hopefully I can get back on track before to long.

Im a big fan of a 24" rear wheel and a 30T on a 26" bike frame.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Yeah I been super busy with work anf absolutely no time at all for my bikes or much of anything else for that matter, Ive had so many plans and cant seem to get any of them done, but hopefully I can get back on track before to long.

Im a big fan of a 24" rear wheel and a 30T on a 26" bike frame.
Cause of the 2.4" rear tire I am running a 34T hoping it'll be around the same as my 36T on a 26" wheel. I got a hub adapter so now sprocket switching will be a sinch now. Might just grab me a few different sprockets and see what I can get to work best!

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
TIME TO RESURRECT THIS THREAD. Coming this winter to a theater near you! A build with more torque and power. Anyways what's going on guys long time no building! This build resulted in a 47mph top speed with a 36T on a 26" wheel. This time we are going for a more modest top speed as I don't need to kill myself. The current motor has a 38mm stroke and we are going to go to the type A side of things again at a 40mm stroke.

So what I am planning is... More compression, more displacement and hoping for about the same amount of revs. Might get a couple hundred more revs out of doing this because I have a lightened piston which is 3 grams lighter than the current piston and with the more compression it should spin a lil faster. That isn't the goal though, more acceleration is what we are going for.

40mm Stroke crank
65 gram piston
13:1+ compression with race gas

As is the motor is a great runner, but I use maybe 4 gallons of gas a year on the thing so I decided I may as well go really high compression instead of high compression at 11.5:1. I am going to fine tune a couple things with the porting and I am hoping to still use the stock carb because I have all the parts for this build already and don't want to invest more than another $30 just because I have already sank too much into it.

As the bike sits!

6cc Fred Head (11:1 Compression)
91 Octane no ethanol gas
Decked and ported jug
68gram ramped and lightened piston
Manic Mechanic Intake
Custom Snake pipe with crap welds
NGK BPR8HIX
NT Speed Carb w/ choke delete and polish
Big Filter
34T Sprocket on sprocket adapter
24 Inch rear rim w/ 2.4inch rear wheel
HD Lightning CDI

Going to delete the HD Lightning system and go back to the stock, been having high rpm problems with it which causes the bike to bog bad and makes it practically unridable. The extra 3cc's from the 40mm stroke will get me to 11.5:1 compression which is still alright with the 91 octane gas in lower temps. Going to be another bunch of random stuff put together to probably work.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Ahhhhh, don't let Jordan mess with you. His bike isn't all that fast. Watch this video and
fast forward to 5:45 seconds and watch how I dust him with my old Norton bike :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nSNG6gGnWs

Okay, so he pulled away. I wasn't ready, and....the sun got in my eyes, and...my hand slipped off the throttle, and....and...

Tom

Last edited:

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Your Norton is pretty peppy too! I just have a stripped down bike. I was jealous of everybodies accessories when all I had was a broken piston hanging from my seat!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Your Norton is pretty peppy too! I just have a stripped down bike. I was jealous of everybodies accessories when all I had was a broken piston hanging from my seat!
Ha ha, I thought that was a spare part.

Yeah, I hope we can get twice as many riders next year. But, Ray is gonna need a bigger grill and patio. What a hoot if we had ten, twelve or more riders. Five was good but more is better. Hope to see you then.

Tom

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Ha ha, I thought that was a spare part.

Yeah, I hope we can get twice as many riders next year. But, Ray is gonna need a bigger grill and patio. What a hoot if we had ten, twelve or more riders. Five was good but more is better. Hope to see you then.

Tom
That would be a fun time indeed! I will make sure my schedule is clear for that day. That video you posted inspired me to get a head start Tom. I might be finished sooner than expected now. I will need to wait to port another jug and deck it, but I got a great start!

I was going to have to order some new piston rings. I knew that I had some somewhere and who knew my lamp was sitting on top of my hardware box which has gasket, bolts, nuts, wristpin clips and new piston rings in it. I thought my grandpa threw it away. Now I definitely have everything that will be needed to get this project done so the total investment will be little to nothing! Probably still going to be slower on the top end, but I don't need more speed...

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri

Top is the 40mm stroke
Bottom is the 38mm stroke

The top one is a three piece while the bottom is a solid piece? Anyways I noticed that the 40mm stroke is a bit larger. Should provide some more crank case compression which is an unknown benefit of this swap I guess! This crank wouldn't be my first choice, but I already have it so may as well use it!

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Also going to replace the gasket while the case is split because the gasket looks like it was about to start seeping out some oil, which means I'd start to lose the air/gas mix inside! Woops!

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Got the crank test fitted, just need to order a crankcase gasket. The dang thing needs a good cleaning too. Going to use a can of brake parts cleaner on it and maybe give it a spray down with some paint. With a thin head gasket on the old jug the piston is hitting the fred head so I'll have to account for that before I go full high compression head. Piston sticks out about 2mm on the top. Time to see what one of these little guys will do.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Ordered a gasket set on Ebay from china. Good thing it's getting cold out or I'd be itching to go riding. Also painting the engine red. Don't know what I plan on doing with the bike yet. Used a whole can of brake cleaner spraying off built up oil and other nonsense that had made it's way onto the engine.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Just found out one of my bearings was scraping against the oil seal and causing some friction. Just took one out of my parts engine and replaced it because it didn't come out in a whole piece... Also repacked the bearings with marine grease and holy ccrap that stuff stinks.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
ITT: Jordan talks to himself.

Haha just kidding, but I did find myself a 110 octane source about 5 miles from my house! Even has it's own pump! I guess you can say I am pumped about that!

Also red means it's fast right?