You won't believe this

GoldenMotor.com

trackfodder

Sep 8, 2008
I am trying to get my 3hp Clinton/Rollfast going again and stuck the Rollfast spring fork back on it so I could use the Schwinn springer on my Schwinn cruiser with the HT. Anyhow, I joined the Ckassic and Antique Bicycle Exchange so I could find out where the fender braces and fender top mount. I think they fasten to the front chrome strut with the spring, but not sure. Anyhow on prowling around I ran across a motorbike made from a Monarch that had a water cooled Evenrude outboard with a radiator driving the front wheel by a big flat pulley on the prop shaft and another wheel driven off that running a round belt twisted 90 deg. to power the fan on the radiator !
It had the usual tank wrapped around the rope start pulley and a teardrop one in the bars that said Evenrude on it. What a Rube Goldberg mess ! I wish I could have reduced it to numbers and imported it for you guys to marvel at. rotfl Keith (trackfodder) Williams

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
How much do think that thing weighs? If the front tire had a blow out, it would be a total disaster...

Sep 4, 2008
cool ride!! when i was a kid a couple of older friends took a supercharged twin cyl outboard racing engine and mounted it on a large go cart. used 2 cadilac heater cores for radiators talk about scary it hit 125mph on the local drag strip . if i remember right the motor was a johnson with a paxton belt driven supercharger. evenrude did make a bike motor though its on the www.usscootermuseum.com website.

trackfodder

Sep 8, 2008
I can't imagine how a 2 stroke engine could be supercharged other than with an expansion chamber The incoming charge would simply follow the exhaust out the port. The Puch "twingle" is the only one I ever saw that it was possible on as the two cylinders were in a common combustion chamber operating out of phase and the exhaust was closing while the transer port was still open.
Keith (trackfodder) Williams

Sep 4, 2008
sorry trackfodder, i should have investigated other than my memory!!! the only thing i got right was the supercharger type. icalled the one brother that built that thing and he told me as followes. the motor was indeed ajohnson [v-twin inboard] he thinks 250cc a ford 4 barrel carb mounted between cyls with a belt driven paxton super charger on top the motor was a 4 cycle