You know what I want?

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
These bikes remind me of the really old time motor bikes from even before cars were cars. I would like to have a ww1 leather flying helmet and a shell I could wear under it. Then i guess i would have to get a long leather coat as well. And goggles of course got to have goggles.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Aircraft spruce or Wicks will have the helmet and goggles but anything with airplane on it ain't cheap. Leather shops will carry the coat too. And don't forget Fleabay will have all that to.
Norman

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Yes but i'm a poor boy. lol

I probably will pick it all up a bit at a time. This could turn into a very very expensive hobby.

Just to stay legal, what I might do is have someone make me a leather cover for the plastic helmet I have. Just to make it look a little like a real one. I have no idea why a bike that goes 15 to 20 miles an hour needs a helmeted rider. Oh yeah cars...

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
you have a good crash you will know why a helmet is nice. i always wear one. it is a bicycle helmet since i like the ventilation but it will help protect this bald head if i wipe out

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
What they really should make is a set of molded hard and soft pads you can wear inside a cool hat.... I can remember seeing shots of ww2 brit parachutist wearing something like that rather than a helmet.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Aw come on Deacon
I've got an airplane spinner blank thats beggin for a set of horns and someone to wear it.rotfl
Norman
I got a picture of me doing that without the horns.I'll have to post it good for a laugh.(^)

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Here the magic helmet now where's my spear? I think it needs a set of horns. know I'll catch some flack but I can take it.rotfl