WITH! Bogged down and cutoff

GoldenMotor.com

SilkyPathology

Aug 19, 2017
My 66CC flying horse 2 stroke engine has been running extremely well the past couple of weeks. Starts right up and runs strong reliably every day that is until today. I was riding for about 20 minutes in my neighborhood and the engine was running perfect and then all of the sudden it started bogging down and then completely cut off 10 seconds later. It has plenty of fuel. The petcock is in the on position everything looks completely fine and I am so damn stumped. Any Ideas would be appreciated As I search the forms to only find slightly different problems than what I have. Thx

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
first thought is tighten head studs - if that doesn't help, go thru "no start" check list

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
It could be any number of things but you can check the carb to see if your jet has vibrated out. Happened to me once with similar symptoms. Also check for fuel flow from the tank and through the carb.

SilkyPathology

Aug 19, 2017
It could be any number of things but you can check the carb to see if your jet has vibrated out. Happened to me once with similar symptoms. Also check for fuel flow from the tank and through the carb.
Gonna check that right now. Appreciate the help.

SilkyPathology

Aug 19, 2017
Looky here. My 1st parts malfunction as a Virgin motorized bicycle enthusiast has been located. The funny thing is even though it left me stranded over 2 miles from home I have been smiling ever since it happened so I would get to tinker with it. scratg Thank you to all the members who gave me suggestions and helped me out. Everyone on here freaking rocks.

Attachments

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
That is the cool thing about these bikes, one can fix it yourself and
be on your way. only so many things to trouble shoot.