wire harness

GoldenMotor.com

Deiseldave

Dec 8, 2012
Warren, PA
I am in the process of building a prototype wire harness to have a full lighting system that is self recharging. Once I have a complete working harness I will test it for a month strait and concider production .

This harness will support an array of functions such as a break light, running lights , head light, turn signals ,and a horn. Also trying to work in a charger for your favorite devices such as a music player or cell phone as you roll down the road.

The list of supplies comprise of :

1) The battery is the life blood of our lighting systems . I am gonna be starting with a 12v SLA battery in a case to power everything on the bike such as this one.

Mounted similar to this

Now that ive found my power source I need a way to recharge it as I ride right , and thanks to Wonderfull Creations I will start with the ....

2) MINI-GENERATOR .... a stand alone coil that wont drag your motor down like an anchor like it does when using the white wire ( wich is usless in my opinion )

Mounted in the Magnito section to generate a current directly tward the battery such as depicted below

Next is a way to inhance the power flow to charge the curnet now flowing tward the battery

3) 12 Volt Mini-Charger

This is whats gonna help your battery keep going along with the mini generator .

Now that we have a power scorce capable of working continuously there is the next stage , Lighting.

Deiseldave

Dec 8, 2012
Warren, PA
Re: wire harness

4) head light from Harbor Freight $9.99

This light is a 12v, 55w halogen work light , problem is it eats power like crazy so we have to step down her hunger buy getting ,

5) H3 Car SMD 26 LED White Headlight Bulb Head Light 12V 3W

This should curb her appatite LOL

6) LED Tail light

7) LED Turn signals

Now its time to get the controles so you can activate the break and turn signals so these 4 wheelers can disern what direction we are going and can be seen.

8) The handlebar controles is your line of defence from becoming a SPLAT on someones front bumper .

This will controle all your lights and a horn such as this one

Deiseldave

Dec 8, 2012
Warren, PA

9 Horn

Then you need the lever that controles your breaks and break light .

10) Dual break lever , wired

And to operate the turn signals don't forget to get a flasher unit

11) turn signal relay

Once I get all the materials to assemble it , I will find a way to connect a charging port for a cell phone or a GPS and test it for a month to work out the kinks.

Last edited:

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA

the only thing that is important to me in a headlight is the lumens

Deiseldave

Dec 8, 2012
Warren, PA

Some states require a lighting system that is fully fuctional if your gonna ride where there is heavy traffic . Like my state ..... this is the reason for this set up for my bike

mew905

Sep 24, 2012
Moose Jaw

can you post links to where you got the lighting controls and wired dual brake?? I've been looking everywhere and cant find them! mucho appreciated

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA

PA requires headlights and tail lights for bicycles. I have both, as well as a brake light. My brake light is powered by a single 7.2v nicad (r/c car battery). My headlight is powered by 2 7.2v nicads to produce 14.4v. My taillight is powered by 2 AAA batteries. I just charge the nicads in the house, since they dont need charged all that often. Every few weeks to a month. My brake lever has a built-in brake light switch. It also had a horn button, which I removed to make room for a toggle switch to control my headlight. A self-charging system is a great idea, though, especially for the ht engines (which I do not have, lol). Good luck on designing your system.

Deiseldave

Dec 8, 2012
Warren, PA

Hey there stranger Hows it been LOL , thanks for the post .... hope to have these up and running in at least a month or so . will post progress as I roll along !!!

kitesrfun1

Jun 12, 2013
california

Hi Dave, did you ever get this up and running? Any chance you might have a wiring diagram? I'm working on a system of my own at the moment and I'm killing brain cells.