Winter Build-off

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

markmo

May 26, 2008
Sounds good to me too. What about races? Anybody know of motorbike races in Texas or anywhere for that matter?

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I think we can set this up as follows-

Rules/classes-

Rules;

Must be a viable running bike at the time of deadline.
Maximum number of photos would be the max allowed by the "manage attatchments" thing, (3-4?) must be thumbnails...easy and the site won't get bogged down with a bunch of large photos.

Enter as many classes as you wish, but only one per bike.

Classes;

Frame mount Chinese kit. Must be a Chinese bicycle motor kit from a known seller.

DIY Electric.

Open Class- ANYTHING GOES. Commercial or DIY, V-8, Rocket, Twin engines....

Deadline is for day one, spring, 2009.

Open class would be for (among other things) trikes, and other assorted beasties

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
Sounds good to me Joe, I just came in from the shop already been working on the thing. After 37 years in a machine shop I thought I would be done making parts, but i'm realy getting into these MB's.:rolleyes:

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
As a Machinist you will like the problem solving involved in making these simple machines do their job efficiently. I always was excited to get a new frame built that is a mix of just a dozen or so tubes that weighs about 1/10th of the load it carries at pretty impressive speeds.

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
Lenny, The more I looked at those drop outs they just looked way to weak . I machined a couple plates out of some 1/8 " c.r.s. to double the thickness in that area. It was kind of wierd how it is just pressed together. Should be a little better now.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
As a Machinist you will like the problem solving involved in making these simple machines do their job efficiently. I always was excited to get a new frame built that is a mix of just a dozen or so tubes that weighs about 1/10th of the load it carries at pretty impressive speeds.

These things have erie similarities with homebuilt ultralight aircraft....lord have mercy!
:D

smokindawg

Sep 27, 2008
The rules sound good to me.................... I'm in and collecting parts now... waiting on my wide chopper frame with wheels and tires and then it's time to chop some more and stretch a multitude of frames........ Still not sure what I'm going to build yet, but it will talk to me as I pile the parts up. rotfl

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Yes, stay tuned....I'm going to lock this one down, there is a new one about the contest, posting photos, ect. and the classes are sticky-ed to the top of the page.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Status
Not open for further replies.