Winter Build-off

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMike

Oct 21, 2008
Michigan
I'm in,in fact me and my father just started to mount my Honda GXH50 on my adult Schwinn Meridian tricyle the other day.I sure hope I'l be done in a day or 2.This is more work than me and pops anticipated LOL.
Anyone work with this engine before?

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I'm in. Waiting on a Honda GX 50 here. I am putting it on a spare giant, but hope to put one on a Felt Heritage this spring.

MrMike, what did you run into thats causing you problems? I have never worked with one either.

I am excited. "Honda, the new good"

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
first day of spring.
Thats what I was thunking. For prizes, I will throw in a "Happy pilot" antenna thing for each of the winners. They are my aviator that go on car/truck antennas. Can we do forum polls here? The lil graph thing like on the other forum? For voting.

This is fun, I got a killer HB in the works. :ride:

OSCAR383

Jul 22, 2008
WEST FRANKFORT, IL
when is the first day of spring? ive broke the rear brake mount on my bike and have to weld on my freshly painted bike :-|| so the tear'n asphault will get a way tooooo soon overhaul on this build with yet another coat of fresh paint . and im looking at downsizing to a 49 cc on my stingray but accelerating faster......... (enter manical laugh here)........ tis gonna be the best bike ever....

jerseykat1

i may have to drop out of the biuld off or at least postpone the start for a a few months. I am (if i get my way today) going to be getting a 200cc kikker 5150. thanks Oscar. i will post pics of my kikker later today. but it should look almost identical to this one. will be going legit on it reg and the whole nine, Don't think i will be able to fake pedal past the cops on this one.

Last edited:

jerseykat1

ok i got her. Got it assembled. The thing has some balls.. quality is pretty good especially for a product that i am certain is made in china, nice strong clean welds, starts right up. Fitment problems when assembling but if you have a Dremel its not a problem. Handling i don't know yet. I am having an issue that i cant seem to resolve The carb is almost identical in function as the China girls carb but better quality, however when i tilt the bike to the right with no throttle she stalls out. When i get that issue resolved i will give a better report on how she rides. But so far i say well worth the money i spent. Won't be able to give a full ride break down until i get my motor cycle license and get it registered. But i do live on a dead end street that the police are NEVER on so i will report what i can.

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
I'm in for sure, just getting ready to build my third one. I am planning on really taking my time with this one over the long cold winter. Think I will machine and polish a lot of my own parts. What kind of things and rules do you have in mind?

jerseykat1

Not to hi jack the thread but i have my kikker all put together and the bugs worked out. If anyone is interested in seeing more photos and my initial impressions on this chopper kit i will create a new thread for it. just search "kikker 5150 200cc".

Dave S

Oct 26, 2008
west texas
Yea I think that would be fun, Me and a freind just started to do some builds can I use the one I'm currently working on I'll be doing things to it all winter.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
This is my entry for DIY build (<click link) I wish I had thought to post it here, but didn't want to double post.

I have been looking at trophys. None look Like a MB. I will take care of that. Just need to know what it should say. I am thinking; "Winner of the MOTOR BICYCLING.COM' build 2008/9" With name below? and nic from here. (John "nic" Smith) Or FIRST PRIZE"
dunno, lemme know.

Bicycle Trophies Any one want to chip in, THANKS! lol

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
I picked up a couple old mountain bikes today for the winter build. I think I can build one really nice bike out of the two. Probably end up more like a cruiser, as I am going to convert it to single speed, and different bars. Powerkingshop China motor on the way. Can't wait to get started!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
"there ain't no rules in a knife fight" LOL, sorry, one of my favorite lines. (from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid)

That is a really good idea. At least a guideline for contests. Kit, DIY, Electric and peddle-less categories?

Status
Not open for further replies.