winter blues

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by paul, Feb 12, 2008.

1. phatcruiser

phatcruiser New Member

Rode my motorized bicycle to work yesterday. Today I am going to cruise to leucadia and stop at a great juice bar. Then cruise on down to del mar and back. Oh yeah I'll be cruising on the coast highway. Should be in the 70's. It might rain and if that is the case I won't go anywhere, FD doesn't do rain.

2. curtisfox

curtisfox Well-Known Member

Good news it was + 23 this morning and is supose to hit +39 next week insted of -20 like it has been. So maybe its over...........Curt

I like the one were he holler form outside and his mom say stop hollering and come here,so he does and says were is the hose i just steped in dog poop.

#122 curtisfox, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  3. fasteddy

fasteddy Well-Known Member

Heat wave. Maybe there will be an early spring to make up for the winter.

Steve.

4. FractaL64

FractaL64 New Member

Ah yess a heat wave. Hopped onto the bike today, tried riding it in -20 degree winter earlier this week, its way too cold, my brakes dont work and I cant pedal because my rear hub prawls are frozen. The heat is nice because I can actually use the roads.

I went on a nice ride today to get various items.

I think I may have done something stupid because I just mixed 7 month old gasoline with one month old gasoline and oil, and filtered it, but my engine sputters in the top end if there is any load on the engine. I have to climb slowly in the rpms with the throttle to get it to go into high rpm.

You guys think its the gas? Man I dont wanna waste gas, ****s expensive (Not really lol.)

Seriously, not being able to go out for a ride somewhere can make life depressing. Im so happy its warm again, I miss summer.

5. curtisfox

curtisfox Well-Known Member

I think i would dump that gas in your car a little at a time and get new gas for the bike. If it didn't have stay-bil its prolly bad............Curt

6. 2door

2door Moderator
    Staff Member

February has to be the ugliest month of the year. What snow is left is dirty. Everything is brown and dead and covered with muck. It's cold and snowy and when the sun does come out and melts the snow what you have left is mud. Spring, summer and fall my yard is lush green grass. In February it is a mushy, slippery awful looking mess.
    I hate February! Too cold to ride, there's ice on the streets that won't melt and my dogs track in mud. Rats! :(
    On top of everything else, I get another year older in February.

Tom

7. xseler

xseler Well-Known Member

I had snow in the yard yesterday evening...........and it's supposed to be 65 to 70* the next few days. February is a rollercoaster month here.

And by the way, Happy Birthday, Tom!! I didn't see it listed on the calendar.

8. Kioshk

Kioshk Active Member

9. xseler

xseler Well-Known Member

Sometimes, this time of year, a chicken pot pie just seems to make things a little better.........

10. 2door

2door Moderator
    Staff Member

We got a break from the low temps. It hit the low sixties but...we had 70+ MPH wind gusts. I hate wind. I'd almost prefer the cold. At least it melted most of the ice and snow but too windy to ride a bike.

I'm thinking about shooting that groundhog. Then let's see him see his shadow. That stinking rodent.

Tom

#130 2door, Feb 15, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  11. maniac57

maniac57 Old, Fat, and still faster than you

Cold one day, warm the next. All the ice melted and the yard keeps trying to suck my boots off.
    I love winter in Memphis.
    The back yard is a dead, desolate, muddy swamp of misery, dogstuff, and despair.

12. 2door

2door Moderator
    Staff Member

"Dogstuff".
    Tell me about it. I picked up at least 5 pounds today that had been hidden under the snow that melted. What a rotten job. It turns to goo and is hard to get onto my shovel. Then you have to scoop it into a plastic bag. It has to be the worst part of dog ownership. Picking up three week old droppings that have been frozen then thawed.
    YUK! :(
    Winter is such fun.

Tom

13. xseler

xseler Well-Known Member

My cat is nice enough to deposit all her 'stuff' in one convenient, indoor, odor-free spot.