Will engine and carb fit in that frame? Frame is 22", wheels 26"

GoldenMotor.com

lzab

Jul 22, 2023
For you guys it could be dumb question, but i am new. Tomorrow i am going to view that bike i found on facebook. I have moretti 80cc engine.
Will engine and carb fit in that frame? Frame is 22", wheels 26"
1690069968502.png

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Hi Izab,

Welcome to the forum and there are no stupid questions. Those of us who have been here for a long time and have been doing this even long ask our fellow builders for advice. How much experience do you have with metal working and engines like this? That helps us with answers. Do you have access to tools like welders?

I'd say a steel frame from at least the 1970's and American. If you have a bike shop near you and better if it's been there a long time, ask tell them what your doing and ask if they have any old frames from that era. Thrift stores are a source if there are any near you. Check out behind the store and see if they tossed any that they can't sell because of the condition. They may want a donation of course.

Craigslist and Marketplace as your doing. Lugged frames where there is a fitting welded into the frame and the bike frame tubes go into it. Look it up on line. Once you see one you'll know what to look for. Hope this isn't overload and it helps. A magnet helps to see if it's steel or not.

Wevil Kenevil

Mar 4, 2022
Sack a tomatoes California
I try not to deviate from the 9/11 rule to awful much. There's instructions on there out there like how to cut yourself a piece of cardboard 9 in by 11 inches to see if it fits in your frame if the piece of cardboard fits the motor should fit just as tightly but still fit all the same.