wilderness controller question

GoldenMotor.com

filcan1103

Jan 14, 2008
i need to know if its possible to run hub motor kit without the controller.the controller merely controls the speed and wattage needed to power the hub isnt it?pls correct me if im wrong. i know theres more to it than what i explained bout controller's function.with the price of controllers and the frequency of fryin one out, i was thinking bout just using an 'always-open high amperage switch".just so i can just press the switch if i want to power up the hub.what are the downside of this setup?any help will be appreciated. ty.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i am no expert but i believe it works like a dimmer switch so that being said you can use either a dimmer or on off switch. i dont see why you could just flick it to full power.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
you could go with a push on and hold buttom but best to use it through a relay cause the amps drawn will need a heavy duty switch or it will warn up things that should not be warmed up. I'm not yet playing with the electric bike but getting interested in them I want to try a hub motor on the front and still have a gas engine. both would be fun 3 ways for power.
Pedals,engine,electric.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
They tell me it depends on the type motor. A motor with brushes does not need a controller to operate. A brushless motor has to have a controller to work. You can usually buy them on ebay and it depends on the watt of the motor and the voltage what to buy. At least that is my understanding.