why does my bike keep randomy dying? possible air leak?

GoldenMotor.com

jerry campo

Sep 24, 2018
i will be riding and out of nowhere it dies. I have plenty of fuel and i tried troubleshooting a lot of different possibilities. my spark plug is in tight. etc. im suspicious of an air leak of some sort, simply because my engine had trouble shutting off prior to all this. whenever i wanted to turn the bike off, i would pull out the clutch/disengage it , and it would still be running as if air was still being fed to it.. I would then have to use the kills switch to force it off. any thoughts?

kaneto

Jun 6, 2016
Bulgaria
i will be riding and out of nowhere it dies. I have plenty of fuel and i tried troubleshooting a lot of different possibilities. my spark plug is in tight. etc. im suspicious of an air leak of some sort, simply because my engine had trouble shutting off prior to all this. whenever i wanted to turn the bike off, i would pull out the clutch/disengage it , and it would still be running as if air was still being fed to it.. I would then have to use the kills switch to force it off. any thoughts?
While an air leak is not completely out of the question I think it's unlikely the reason for your troubles. Try runing with the killswitch disconnected. Check if your sparkplug cable is tight on both the cdi and plug cap side and if the cap had not loosened inside where the plug goes. Also if any of the wire(including the white wire if you have one) connectors are not insulated on the outside and can thouch the frame, engine or another unisolated connector that can lead to this. Also check if some of the connectors are not loose.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
The push together connectors will loosen causing a loss of fire, I like to slide heat shrink over the wire then solder the wire and cover the solder area with the heat shrink. You can make it look like a factory connection with a little practice.

jerry campo

Sep 24, 2018
im back, thank you guys so much! it was loose connectors. im gonna solder soon so i wont run into this issue again. thanks again!