which kit is the best?

GoldenMotor.com

bowlersp

Jun 29, 2008
i have stumbled across several bike kits. i want to find a good bike kit that lies underneath me (preferrably 70-80cc), not above the back tire. any feedback from anybody that knows anything aboutt he following websites products would be greatly appreciate.

thatsdax.com >looking at the 70cc 240 dollar kit.

Home <<<Only one kit available

Kings Motor Bikes,Motorized Bicycle,Bicycle Engine Kit,Bicycle motors,Whizzer motorized bicycle (80cc kit)

are any of these kits from above cheap chinese kits? i know thatsdax says that its made in the usa, but is it a good reliable engine?

my round trip ride to work is 20 miles a day. i just want to buy a kit that won't break down on me and that will be reliable.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Most of us have no vested interest in one kit over another, some might so be careful of the advice you get. I can only speak to my china two stroke kit. If you have a job you can't be late for, then you need to ride a bus or the train. Every car I ever owned left me stranded at least a few times and I had to scramble to get to work.

The china kit is notoriously buggy. If you buy and install a kit or even a bike with the china two stroke you almost certainly will have problems at first. They also require a certain amount of maintenance at least once a week. If I were planning a commute I would buy a china kit and ride it three weeks around the neighborhood. I would build my confidence up in the kit and myself with it before I took off on a ten mile commute every day.

That is any china 2 stroke kit from the most expensive to the cheapest. I think they are all pretty much the same. Now that is just my opinion.

I can not speak to any other kit. No matter how you cut it these days you will save enough in gas to pay for even the most expensive kit, if you commute that distance. I am retired and do not commute so the china kit is fine for me. As a matter of fact I'm going to hop on it in about five minutes and take a five mile trip to the home depot. I do something like that most every day.

bowlersp

Jun 29, 2008
thanks for the fast reply. when you reference chinese 2 stroke engine kit, can you post a link to one of them? what about the engine kits i posted above? are those considered chinese 2 stroke engines?

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
yes all the 2 strokes in the lower price ranges bicycle motor kits are made in china. i have dealt with dax and like most i am very happy with the product and the service after the sale which is very important. i have never dealt with kings so cannot make an honest opinion thier

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
They all come from China and they are all pretty much the same. Some have cheaper (is it possible?) ancillary parts like the clutch lever and chain tensioner.

Here's some tips to get you going toward a reliable bike, the more you do the better and it will pay off in the long run. http://motorbicycling.com/f30/bicycle-motor-preperation-care-354.html

I've made countless rides of 50 miles or more once the bicycle motor kit was broken in.

Also, there is a thread around here somewhere that list all the venders....so far. Some are better than others if you have a problem or warranty claim (thatsdax for one)

Some will not return your emails or answer the phone, and some will just blow you off...revolutioncycles .com for one. Boygofast is somewhere in the middle.

bowlersp

Jun 29, 2008
thanks for all the responses. i think i'm going to go with the thatsdax 70cc engine kit. sounds like a great deal. and if something goes wrong i always have a backup bike, and this site for help :D i can't look forward to riding it. should be lots of fun.