Which is better? The electric motor or gas motor?

GoldenMotor.com

broHSI

Jul 27, 2009
USA, CA
Hello everyone, I'm finally back from my vacation. I ordered a 49cc engine kit 49cc Dual Brake Motorized Gas Bicycle Motor Kit*::*Bicycle Motor*::*TheLaShop before I left. And when I came back, the package was left at my front door just as my required. I can't wait to fix it on my bike now!
www.thelashop.com said:
Due to regulations: No California Residence Buyer
the website says that they don't ship to California? you are in CA and they shipped to you?

Average mileage ranges from 200-250 MPG!
that is TWICE the mileage that these bikes actualy get

ut1205

Jul 4, 2009
Tennessee
I have both and they have their advantages and disadvantages. The electric motor develops maximum torque at power application. If you are trying to get across a busy intersection, you can be at 15 mph in a matter of a couple of seconds with no pedaling. This does take a toll on the battery life. As others here have said the gas engine is like starting off in 3 gear on a car. Slow acceleration and you have to pedal to you get some speed then apply the power.
The top speed is a little better on my gas bike.....about 22 mph with a Stanton friction drive and 1" roller plus I can ride all day if I want to. I use the electric bike for trips under 6 miles round trip and it makes almost no noise. Very pleasant to the people around me. I have massive hills where I live. I can't even tell you what top speed is on level ground because around here what I consider level would be a hill to alot of you.
I don't think I could make it without both of them.