Which is better? The electric motor or gas motor?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by helenmax112233, Jul 13, 2009.

1. broHSI

broHSI New Member

the website says that they don't ship to California? you are in CA and they shipped to you?

that is TWICE the mileage that these bikes actualy get

2. Cabinfever1977

Cabinfever1977 New Member

i get 180mpg.

3. helenmax112233

helenmax112233 New Member

Yes, they shipped it to me. I paid for my engine kit so I got it.

4. ut1205

ut1205 New Member

I have both and they have their advantages and disadvantages. The electric motor develops maximum torque at power application. If you are trying to get across a busy intersection, you can be at 15 mph in a matter of a couple of seconds with no pedaling. This does take a toll on the battery life. As others here have said the gas engine is like starting off in 3 gear on a car. Slow acceleration and you have to pedal to you get some speed then apply the power.
    The top speed is a little better on my gas bike.....about 22 mph with a Stanton friction drive and 1" roller plus I can ride all day if I want to. I use the electric bike for trips under 6 miles round trip and it makes almost no noise. Very pleasant to the people around me. I have massive hills where I live. I can't even tell you what top speed is on level ground because around here what I consider level would be a hill to alot of you.
    I don't think I could make it without both of them.

5. helenmax112233

helenmax112233 New Member

Sounds great! It's a little noisy of the gas bike although I feel very cool when riding. Want to try the electric one if there is a chance.
    .cs.