Where to get or order specific parts.

GoldenMotor.com

InnerTurmoil

Apr 3, 2018
Just bought my 2nd 2 stroke kit andmanaged to break the end of one of the threaded rods that come up through the head when i was tightening one of the 4 bolts. id like to replace it and the others with more durable rods. as well as the other threaded rods/bolts . And also wondering about where to buy jets for the carb once i find my threade size and diameter etc.

TheMogollonMonster

Mar 26, 2018
White Mountian Lakes AZ
Your local hardware store will have your head studs in grade 8 and higher, grab grade 8 washers and nuts when you buy the studs, and at least one extra nut for extracting and replacing the studs. Grab a torch, solder, and a set of micro drills, and ta-da! Jets! Super easy stuff, ACE Hardware has you covered dude!

InnerTurmoil

Apr 3, 2018
Thanks for your replies guys, ill try fastenal.
Home depot and lowes do not carry 6 and 8mm studs without heads on them like phillps or flathead. and dont carry them in long lengths either even if i wanted to cit the heads off.

I have a construction grade dremmel tool, amongst some other tools. have a mini torch soldiering gun as well. But i would prefer to purchase the actual jets if possible before i just solder and drill.

Ill also check out a local hardware store i know of. Appreciate the responses.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Just a thunk. I use automotive threaded rod. Cheap, made for it and works great. It's just a tad gritty. So stays tight a lil better.

A lot of folks like to use higher end stuff like stainless. But is brittle and a waste of the added expense. Just my humble opinion but right tool for the job, me thinks.

Might not have been due to over tightning. I've found lots of em with hair line cracks.

Just part of the fun, LoL.

Ride safe and welcome to the funny pages!

EDIT; Almost any material will be of better quality than many kit supplied rod and/or studs.

Last edited:

TheMogollonMonster

Mar 26, 2018
White Mountian Lakes AZ
Thanks for your replies guys, ill try fastenal.
Home depot and lowes do not carry 6 and 8mm studs without heads on them like phillps or flathead. and dont carry them in long lengths either even if i wanted to cit the heads off.

I have a construction grade dremmel tool, amongst some other tools. have a mini torch soldiering gun as well. But i would prefer to purchase the actual jets if possible before i just solder and drill.

Ill also check out a local hardware store i know of. Appreciate the responses.
You don't need anything but a pin vice for these tiny drills, you chuck them in any power tool spinning faster than your fingers, and they'll break. I have some that Mic at .013, I've Mic-ed human hairs as thick as .021. No power tools.

InnerTurmoil

Apr 3, 2018
Thanks again guys for your replies.
I havent had the time to do anything yet, but i guess ill go with sickbikeparts and order the stud kits.
Jetting seems fine, i dont have wet or chalky look to the spark plug, it looks like that burned bronze/coppery look?